Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Any Rev Going To Columbia-cascade Champ? (oregon)

Jerry V

It would be great to see someone else there with a wheelgun. So far I seem to be the Section's only dedicated wheelgunner <_< ( at least since Feb. when I started USPSA)

I'm getting tired of winning Rev. Div. ....... by default :unsure: ... well mostly, there has been a couple people who showed up once with their revolvers and never came back :(

If anyone does plan on coming with their wheelgun, let me know, I'd like to squad with you. :D

--- Jerry

It would be great to see someone else there with a wheelgun. So far I seem to be the Section's only dedicated wheelgunner  <_< ( at least since Feb. when I started USPSA)

I'm getting tired of winning Rev. Div. ....... by default  :unsure: ...  well mostly, there has been a couple people who showed up once with their revolvers and never came back  :( 

If anyone does plan on coming with their wheelgun, let me know, I'd like to squad with you. :D

--- Jerry

When and where is this match? I missed Area 1 due to a torn cartlidge and may be healed by this match with my 625

Bill Sahlberg

thesahlberg7@webtv.net

Jerry,

You asked for it, now you got it....

D. Carden is another one of the Mike Carmoney type..... <_<

Hiding in the bushes to ambush some unsuspecting A/M shooter..... :wacko:

Definately UNDERCLASSIFIED !!!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Aside from that he's a pretty good guy!!!! Even though he's from "That State" :D

If he gets alittle sideways on you just shoot him in the foot !!!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Have fun with him.

SAM

Dan - I don't know what time it would get over, this is my first time at this type of match. But I will see if I can find out. It would be great have a seasoned wheelgunner or two .... or more, come here and show me how it's done no matter how bad I'd get stomped :lol: I'd welcome it ;)

Underlug - Great :)

I don't live close to either range, 45min to 1hr drive for me, but will help out anyway I can.

When I started this post wasn't sure I'd get any replies, so this is great -- thanks

Hop -- Good advice :lol: I'll remember the the foot thing, it may come in handy depending how bad he beats me :rolleyes:

Dan - I don't know what time it would get over, this is my first time at this type of match. But I will see if I can find out. It would be great have a seasoned wheelgunner or two .... or more, come here and show me how it's done no matter how bad I'd get stomped :lol:  I'd welcome it ;)

Underlug - Great  :)

I don't live close to either range, 45min to 1hr drive for me, but will help out anyway I can.

When I started this post wasn't sure I'd get any replies, so this is great -- thanks

Hop -- Good advice  :lol: I'll remember the the foot thing, it may come in handy depending how bad he beats me :rolleyes:

Jerry, can you help us out with info on the area in general, like whats the closest big city where a comercial plane might land or is that out of the question and we should consider driving as the only way. I know there are a few from California who would like to attend the Oregon matches, but it's hard not knowing what's available for lodging and transportation. If I had to drive 2 hours from a major city with an airport, I might consider just driving to the match and staying locally.

thanks for any info you can provide...

mike sousa

Like Dan wrote, Portland is the closest major airport.

Local Motel Info (copied from match info page)

For those of you coming from out of town some motel price information.

The information is from www.lodging.com

Wilsonville (about 5-8 mins from the Tri-County range)

Low: Snooz Inn $43.00

High: Holiday Inn $79.00

Tigard (about 20 mins from both ranges)

Low: Travelodge $45.00

High: Marriot $114.00

Newberg (about 10 mins from the Dundee range)

Low: Travelodge $57.00

High: Shilo Inn $71.00

Tigard and Wilsonville are both on I5. Newberg is on Hwy 99W about

12 miles east of I5.

Link to driving directions -- http://www.columbia-cascade.org/ClubsLoc.htm

Link to match app. -- http://www.columbia-cascade.org/CCSRegistration.htm

Link to match info -- http://www.columbia-cascade.org/CCSMatchInfo.htm

Hopefully this helps

Living in the Seattle area, I have attended the Oregon matches. As you can see by the web site for this match, they are always well organized. Another match you might consider is the Crazy Croc Banzai match Labor Day. 400 rounds. I don't know if I would do it with a revolver, though. 40-50 round stages would be quite a challenge (keeping the moonclips loaded). Just outside of Portland, they are close to anything you might want or need.