Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Greetings from tn

Adam11

Hey from Maryville!

Very new to shooting more than a few times a year, located my nearest club, plan to participate in their uspsa match next weekend. 

I plan on shooting in production if I can round up magazines otherwise I'll be in limited. 

Ive been creeping on y'all on and off for about a week now, figured it was time to sign up and say hello.

Welcome from Kentucky!  Soooo, you're the car that came before 1 Adam 12, huh? :)  (or is that before your time?  LOL!)

Good luck in your magazine quest and your first match!  Remember...safety, safety, safety!

Lol only by about 20 something years!!!

thank you, I ended up getting ahold of a 19, I've got 4 mags and 3 on their way.....

safety is my biggest concern going into this lol

I'll be moving slow and deliberate 

On 7/9/2017 at 0:04 PM, Adam11 said:

Hey from Maryville!

Very new to shooting more than a few times a year, located my nearest club, plan to participate in their uspsa match next weekend. 

I plan on shooting in production if I can round up magazines otherwise I'll be in limited. 

Ive been creeping on y'all on and off for about a week now, figured it was time to sign up and say hello.

What squad you on for the USPSA match?  I assume your local club is ORSA.

Better late than never! I spoke with a few guys on Saturday about it, they said it's not usually an issue just showing up but if they were at max capacity when I show up, I wouldn't be allowed to shoot.

i was is squad 4 ( lots of very talented shooters)It was a really nice mix of folks to see how everyone's strategies differ based on what division they were in. We had, open, single stack, production, pcc, carry optics, and limited if I remember correctly. Everyone was super nice. 

Better late than never! I spoke with a few guys on Saturday about it, they said it's not usually an issue just showing up but if they were at max capacity when I show up, I wouldn't be allowed to shoot.

i was is squad 4 ( lots of very talented shooters)It was a really nice mix of folks to see how everyone's strategies differ based on what division they were in. We had, open, single stack, production, pcc, carry optics, and limited if I remember correctly. Everyone was super nice. 

Hey I was in squad 4. I was the guy with the blue bullets jersey on.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Let me make this clear - we have NEVER turned anyone away from a monthly club match due to "max" capacity.  If you show up on time Saturday morning, you will shoot.

3 hours ago, JAM said:

Hey I was in squad 4. I was the guy with the blue bullets jersey on.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Lol oh yea I watched you in amazement..... idk how in the world y'all can shoot like you did! In my head I was going fast, it wasn't until I looked over my scores posted that I realized I was going 3-4 times slower than everyone else lol

3 hours ago, mjl said:

Let me make this clear - we have NEVER turned anyone away from a monthly club match due to "max" capacity.  If you show up on time Saturday morning, you will shoot.

Well that's good to know, I still don't want to be THAT guy lol it's a very welcoming group of folks

4 hours ago, Mountbkr said:

Yeah great bunch of guys at that club, I was in sqd 6. Pretty cool that El Prez Mike Foley was in sqd 5 out there with us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I heard a few folks mention you while out there, didn't see you shoot or anything. Maybe next time lol

I'm not familiar with him, I know he won though lol