Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AA#7

b18prl

On ‎7‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 0:04 PM, darthdively said:

Running 10.8gr getting 179 PF using an RMR JHP in 38sc. Shoots flat. Dot doesnt leave the sight. Wouldnt go any higher than that. Work your way up to that

Running 11.1gr and getting 170 PF in 38sc. But I have 2 popple holes. Absolutely the best powder for flat performance in my Trubor.

Just finished testing a batch a moment ago. A partial eclipse makes for great chrono conditions. Running full length SV with no holes. Tested 9.8, 10.0, & 10.2 today all with 115g MG JHP's loaded 1.160. CCI SPP. Groups averaged 164, 167, & 170. At 170PF it started flattening out and felt very good. My gun likes to run best @ 175 so going to try a few more a bit higher. Tried AA7 before with 124's and liked it, but I'm pretty sold on 115's now. 

When I ran it before I did notice the filth factor. Not just smut but a lot of granular residue. Didn't use enough to induce a malfunction but still something that's on my mind now that I'm trying to determine a go-to load with a new barrel. 

• 2 weeks later...

Did my last test with it yesterday. 10.4g w MG JHP 115's loaded 1.160.  Made 172.5 PF. Very nice shooting and tracking. Didn't chrono enough for accurate SD but velocities were very consistent. Meters very well. 

Going to shoot 2 matches with and decide if it's a winner then. Might go up to 10.5g later.