Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ap Regional @ Berrien Springs, Mi This Saturday?

BigDave

BigDave, here is my experience at that range. I went there along with several others for a Pin match, advertised as a regulation match. They have a nice range, and the guys there are great. However, they pretty much did their "own" thing, scoring was a nightmare, and it really wasnt consistent. I will drive to PA(900+miles) for a Pin match, but I wont drive 4hours to that club for a Pin match B)

Let us know how it goes.

DougC

Well...the match is over. But , it was well worth the drive to go.

We only were able to shoot 3 of the 4 events (Barricade, Practical, Plates). The club had numerous problems beyond their control with the Mover.

As far as effort goes, Berrien County Sportsmans Club gets an A from me. We had turning targets on the Barricade and Practical. They handled the scoring just like they do at Bianchi (you don't touch your targets, they're bagged and returned to the clubhouse for scoring, you go later to sign off on them). A few shooters had to arbitrate their scores, but I attribute that to the lack of experience on the part of the scorers.

Other than the Mover being broke (I'm sure Mike Gibson was thrilled about that), they did have an issue or two on the Barricade range when my targets stopped turning at 25. The plates had an issue or two also. This was the first time this group put on an Action Pistol match, let alone a Regional. I'm certain that by next years match all of these issues will solved.

The real problem I had was the low turn out. I suggest that all of you who shoot AP put this match on your calendar for next year. It is a great location, they have great facilities and a fantastic staff who is eager to make AP a success at this club.

I would not say that it sucked. For their first match, I think it was fantastic, but they did have problems and need to work on a lot before it is anything like Columbia, much less Wildcat or JTRPC.

Tony Holmes was high open and metallic. I think Bob P. was 2nd, Keving 3rd.

Eddie was there. Remind me later to tell you what kind of a standup guy he is.

It shouldn't take you long to get there, Mike. You may have a new home for AP. I plan on going back for monthly matches when they start them.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Folks,

I am a member of the Berrien County Sportsman Club. Thanks to you folks who came to our match. We are trying to improve and hopefuly by next year we will have all the bugs worked out. Next year in addition to the regional we are planning to have the Michigan state match the same weekend. We are still holding our annual 3 day Pin Classic July 15,16 and 17. So come out and have a good time. Check us out at http://www.bcsportsmansclub.com for more info. We also presently hold monthly Pin matches the first Sunday of each month from April thru October at 1:00PM. Anyway sorry if anyone is upset with us but we try to please and are continuing to improve. So give us another try you may be pleasantly surprised.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Folks,

I am a member of the Berrien County Sportsman Club. Thanks to you folks who came to our match. We are trying to improve and hopefuly by next year we will have all the bugs worked out. Next year in addition to the regional we are planning to have the Michigan state match the same weekend. We are still holding our annual 3 day Pin Classic July 15,16 and 17. So come out and have a good time.  Check us out at http://www.bcsportsmansclub.com for more info. We also presently hold monthly Pin matches the first Sunday of each month from April thru October at 1:00PM. Anyway sorry if anyone is upset with us but we try to please and are continuing to improve. So give us another try you may be pleasantly surprised.

Thanks.

Hi

I was at your match had a good time even with the heat Whew!!!

Are you plannin on sending out the final results..? It is not required but would be nice..

Thanks

Leroy

Hi Folks,

I am a member of the Berrien County Sportsman Club. Thanks to you folks who came to our match. We are trying to improve and hopefuly by next year we will have all the bugs worked out. Next year in addition to the regional we are planning to have the Michigan state match the same weekend. We are still holding our annual 3 day Pin Classic July 15,16 and 17. So come out and have a good time.  Check us out at http://www.bcsportsmansclub.com for more info. We also presently hold monthly Pin matches the first Sunday of each month from April thru October at 1:00PM. Anyway sorry if anyone is upset with us but we try to please and are continuing to improve. So give us another try you may be pleasantly surprised.

Thanks.

Hi

Are you plannin on sending out the final results..? It is not required but would be nice..

Thanks

Leroy

Hi Folks,

Thanks.

Hi

Thanks

Leroy

Hi Folks,

Thanks.

Hi

Thanks

Hi Leroy,

Will check on that for you . Sorry about the multiple postings I messed up.

Thanks

Leroy

Hi Folks,

Thanks.

Hi

Thanks

Hi Leroy,

Will check on that for you . Sorry about the multiple postings I messed up.

Thanks

Leroy

Hi Leroy ,

Checked on match postings for you. We are going to send out results as soon as they are finished tabulating them.

Thanks

Frank