Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

M&P 10098 Production Legal?

TriggerFreeze

Provided that the barrel is not ported

All ported models of approved guns are approved for use in Production and Carry Optics, as long as the barrel is not ported. 

If they were allowed Tanfoglio and CZ would have come out with gamer guns featuring insane tricked-out version of factory porting.

It would be pretty much required to finish well, and then you have an equipment race like all the other divisions.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

On 6/29/2017 at 9:57 PM, DementedAntics said:

What's the deal on limiting factory ported guns in production? Is the advantage of a factory ported barrel that significant? 

It doesn't matter how significant the advantage is, if they allowed ported barrels, it would make all non ported barreled guns less competitive. 

I guess the rules make no sense to me at times. I mean look at the sig p320 X5. Basically a crazy built gun from the factory with the intent to only be used as a competition gun and it's legal in production. Yet it's got a milled slide for less weight and a flat faced trigger. Seems like son it won't matter and other production guns will be phased out and it will become an inevitable equipment race. A gun like that is hard to compete against when it's sole purpose is to be a comp gun and most other production class guns are duty/carry guns. 

IMG_4921.JPG.af6fcd2cb5cd71affe640e325103b59d.JPG

Its been that way for years. This is what I ditched the M&P for - a shot of my Stock 3. Tanfoglio and CZ have been producing guns which are legally within the rules of Production yet completely miss the intent.

The shadow 2 is custom built ready to rock in Production even moreso - at least I had to tune the sights and trigger parts in the Tanfo.

As soon as you define the rules for a competition, someone is going to build a car or gun or whatever that barely barely fits within them.

(sidenote: After many months of matches with both, I'm convinced there's no actual advantage. Plastic transitions draws and loads faster. Stable heavy metal guns mow down plate racks and closely spaced distant targets faster.)

Edited by MemphisMechanic