Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3-gun Tactical Class

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kyle:

Now wasn't that simple!! 9 rounds in gun. No need for a tape measure, and direct. As for attending our match, I'm pretty sure you will like our rules as well, and as all GREAT benevalent dictatorships go we can say "no" also. Hope to see you shoot in HE MAN class with the rest of us scurvy dogs.                           KURT

• 5 months later...

Rhino,

Yes since the last posting we had a big three gun match... All tactical gear was used.... and the outcome.

US Military High Overall

Iraq..... DNF

God Bless the USA!!!!!!!

And thanks again to our brothers in England..

• 2 weeks later...
Kelly, Still working on major minor issue. I have a couple ideas but since we add time for points dropped I just have to be heads up as to who is shooting major/minor. I really just want to avoid the whole chrono thing. And if we score major minor the chrono will definately have to be used.

Actionshooter said it best.

For the rest of us its a sport or game. All I have to do is follow the rules,if it says 1 scope or no scope at all,thats what I do to play the game.

I am pretty sure every big time IPSC shooter(My brother Kelly) has the gear needed laying around to shoot the NC Tactical.

This past year we had some real guys with real guns and we pointed out a shortcoming in their gear with the course design. Since then they have changed a few things to make target engagements a little better in a real world situations. I am happy about that.

Some of us train for the next big match while others are training to allow us to have that next big match.

KyleL

Some of us train for the next big match while others are training to allow us to have that next big match.

There is more to being a champion than high score and you are a great example,Thank you .

• 8 months later...

Have we talked about limiting the pistol round count to 10 per mag? Is it just me or do others believe this might even the field in the tactical class.

I agree, rifle with one optic, tube, sling, no bipod and muzzle break

I agree, shotgun with no porting, no speed loaders and 9 rounds in the tube

All of these rules help individuals get into the sport with limited monetary expense except the need for race gun/pre-ban magazines.

Will

I agree level the playing field, to me that means everyone shoots the same stages under the same rules, not with the same gun, shoot what you choose but don't dictate what everyone else drives, there are thousands of high cap guns and mags out there, go out and buy two, that will typically get you through any stage, if you can't then you are not serious enough about competition to worry about your finish. Used gear abounds and I have bought and produced plenty of it in the past 15 years of shooting all these games. Winning takes sacrafice, buy an STI or a Glock and move on, no insult intended but this horse is dead and needs no more beating. :)

"In my opinion" Let's face it hi-caps are here to stay and most people that i know carry them competetors and not.Some don't compete with them,but this is part of the wonderful game we call ipsc or uspsa or whatever.If i had more money to play with i would shoot some single stack stuff.

Thank you BOD for making this needed change without the same long drawn out red tape we see on c-span(surfed past it)

I think it might get down to "What is your definition of practicle shooting"

Small scopes,dots,hi-caps,bad-assed 3-gun gear sidesaddles(oh),are here to stay.

Why not be able to use the stuff in this arena,instead of a handful of matches scattered across the us.

Matches,i might add,that some used to shoot in open class just to practice for ,knowing they won't be as competitive as a full blown open shooter.

This being said by a "limited B" shooter .

Why do we do this anyway?

To win?

Not me

To improve all my skills Rifle,Pistol,Shotgun(with badass 3-gun gear sidesaddle).

As far as a dissadvanatge shooting 10 rounders,someone needs to tell the gms because nothing stops them.

Thats where i wanna be ;)

• 3 weeks later...