Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Crack in slide, length wise on first locking lug

ano

Inspected my gun as I do before every match, just finished baltic storm, and got our largest level 3 comin up. starting tomorrow!  This is when I found it

I got a tiny crack, about 5-6mm long so far I can see, from first locking lug, going down the length of the gun, not the usual one I've seen which goes from side to side  or crooked.

Will it last the 260 rounds? Is it a bad idea? It's really the opposite way of the load so its a bit weird, but the gun has "stripes" going down the tritop on top, it seems to have started in one of thoose if I was to guess, I can't visibly see it.

Edited by ano

12 minutes ago, ano said:

Inspected my gun as I do before every match, just finished baltic storm, and got our largest level 3 comin up. starting tomorrow!  This is when I found it

I got a tiny crack, about 5-6mm long so far I can see, from first locking lug, going down the length of the gun, not the usual one I've seen which goes from side to side  or crooked.

Will it last the 260 rounds? Is it a bad idea? It's really the opposite way of the load so its a bit weird, but the gun has "stripes" going down the tritop on top, it seems to have started in one of thoose if I was to guess, I can't visibly see it.

Pictures?  TRI-TOP'D slide.............

Hello: I don't think it matters what caliber, the STI slides seem to be cracking more and more even on limited guns. They also seem like the heat treatment is not as hard as they used to be a couple of years ago. Thanks, Eric

the slide/gun is SVI, it has the "anti glare serrations" or whatever its called, basicly the crack starts , where one of thoose end, it goes from back to about 1cm to the locking lug that sticks down again, ive taken some pics now, will upload

Edited by ano

3 hours ago, ano said:

the slide/gun is SVI, it has the "anti glare serrations" or whatever its called, basicly the crack starts , where one of thoose end, it goes from back to about 1cm to the locking lug that sticks down again, ive taken some pics now, will upload

Hello: Give Brandon a call. I am sure he will make it right. Thanks, Eric