Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

When Things Fly By The Safety Glasses

Round_Gun_Shooter

OUCH! A friend of mine had some metal fly off the drill press and cut his eye, it burned his eye too. I should mention he did a knucklehead thing and forgot to wear safety glasses. Good thing is that he's all better now. Hope you feel better soon.

I've had shrapnel either hit me, visibly stick into my flesh (or bounce off my glasses) at the range more times than I can recall. I'm also nursing a burned lower eyelid from Saturday's hot-brass-down-the-goggles-and-got-stuck-there day at the range. Not as bad as splinters in the eye, I'll admit, but the danger is always present. Goggles, yes. At all times.

I was horrified a couple of trips to the range back to realize I wasn't wearing *any* eye protection, on an indoor range. I was thinking, geez this lens looks *really* clear today... Then I realized they were still above my hat brim :wacko:

I too have been hit by things.... Most of a .45 slug off the backstop one time. Various bits of bullet splatter other times. Seen a couple of folks get nicked bad enough to bleed pretty good - one guy had to get stitches. Shred told me a story about someone who got his carotid nicked while shooting at steel at close range - luckily someone there knew how to stand on it just right....!!!

Glasses won't always protect you, I been welding with full hood, and glasses and still got a hot splatter in my eye, Grinding with full face shield and glasses. If it hurts like hel1 every time you blink get to eye doctor he'll remove it and give you eye drops to numb the eye and have some antibodic in it. They heal pretty fast. Even had small thorn get stuck there from mowing with brush hog. Worst was girlfriend that scratch my eye with a fingernail during some energic play. It was worth it!

If it hurts like hel1 every time you blink get to eye doctor he'll remove it and give you eye drops to numb the eye and have some antibodic in it.

Thanks, I went, he took out 2 and scraped away the rust. Now very light sensitive. Reminds me of the time I had flash from welding. Doc only gave me antibiotic as he wants me to feel it in case things get worse. I will see him again tomorrow but

I HATE hiding from the nright lights.

Regards,