Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Match Days

Clay1

I practice, I dry fire but obviously not enough because when I go to the match I just blow it.

I shot one stage today and I shot all As and two no shoots. Both shots go into the same no shot 1" into the target. The next station I clean all As, but on that run I throw a mag in the gun and fire a round and it goes to slide lock. Put one of the used mags back in the mag carrier. I shoot another station clean, 8 metric IPSC targets all As, then next station is the classifier and it is easier and I shoot 4 C and drop a shot into the black hard cover. Walk away with a 3.4 HF.

Sometimes, just sometimes, I feel like I should take up golf. Bumbed for the day.

Rick

Clay1,

Patience !!!!

NONE of us made GM the first time out, or the second, or the third...... <_<

It comes with doing it !!!

Some people do "get it" faster than others but it still takes a while !!!! :huh:

MOST important.......

HAVE FUN !!!!......

This game to me is very much like golf......

"The most addicting but frustrating thing I have done" ;)

Hope that helps !!!!

HOP

I'm not a golfer by the way. I grew up and my father never chased the white ball or played sports. We hunted and fished in my family.

I was bumber yesterday - get like that once in a while, but today is a new one and lets do it again. I have Steve Anderson's book on the way and Matt Burkett's video number 7. Hopefully with some new direction in the training program things will go better.

I am probably shooting to my ability level, BUT I just want to be better than that so I need to earn it. If it was easy it wouldn't have the attraction that it does.

Didn't mean to be too negative yesterday. Like I said it is a new day today and damn it, I'm going to get better at this stuff.

Rick

If not for my screw ups in matches, I doubt I'd still be having fun shooting. :)

If not for my buddies screw ups in matches, I would not be having as much fun. :)

If not for my screw ups in matches, I KNOW they would not be having as much fun. :lol: ... I hate that. (not really :P )