Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shawn Carlock For Mor Rifle

paraman1

I know Shawn Carlock is pretty popular with the shotgun crowd but was wondering if anyone has had him build a tactical or MOR style rifle ? Good , Bad or indifferent I am curious as he is far more local to me than Texas or Mississippi . If you would like feel free to e-mail me your experiences at paraman1ATcableoneDOTnet (replace ATwith @ and DOT with .)

Thanks in advance for any help .

Great guy and a good rifle builder. I've hung out with Shawn at a couple of 3-gun matches and the folks that I usually shoot with, swear by him for their work. He stands behind it and is just a nice guy.

I personally recommend George Anderson from GA Precision. Too, there's Don Golembieski at Kodiak.

Good luck,

SPC Richard A. White

1/507th PIR, A-Co

Fort Benning, GA

Shawn is a great gunsmith, I can highly recommend his work. Shawn and I just won the Idaho State Sniper team match using a couple of matching .260 that he built. Mine has several thousand rounds thru it and it can still hit a quarter inch target at 100 yards. The attachment shows the cold shot with the three following shots starting at 1" down to 1/4 inch.

Carl

post-344-1118509933_thumb.jpg

I don't have one of Shawn's rifles (yet), but I've seen the results and they are superb. He's really got a handle on the *practical* things you need to do to make a rifle shoot right.

Highly recommended.

I know what you mean about GAP USC . He is currently rebarreling a rifle for me as well as installing the Badger Detachable Bottom Metal . I just would like someone closer to home and I have a friend who lives near Shawn that feels the same way . Just trying to get a feel for how well he builds rifles as I know he is a Shotgun guru as many in the 3-Gun world can attest to.

Shawn Carlock's work is truly outstanding! Everything he works on works perfectly or he won't let it out of his shop until it does. I wouldn't consider anyone else to build or work on any firearm that I own. I highly recommend Shawn Carlock!

Whoops! Good call Chriss. Can't believe I got that wrong. Heck...he sends me barbecue sauce from KC!

I need to check out Shawn's website for info on his shotguns. When the Army ever gets off their butt and gets me a duty station, I'm definitely shooting again.

Take care,

SPC Richard A. White

1/507th PIR, A-Co

Fort Benning, GA