Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ extensions for a Tanfo

bossk95

Hey guys, I just switched to open from revo and have a Gold Custom in .40, I would like to get at least 170mm mag if I can.  I have not been able to find one for tanfo mags in any caliber, would a CZ 9/40 extension work on tanfo mags?

I suppose I could explain further ?

As I am aware, Tanfoglio never made any small frame Gold Teams, but even if they did, I don't know of a 170mm pad for large or small frame guns.  To the best of my knowledge, your only option for a true 170mm mag is two mags welded together.

The only 170mm base pad I'm aware of for a factory-length mag in the CZ 75 platform is Scott Springer's for the Czechmate.  The CM only shares mags with the Tactical Sports and is neither a large frame, nor a traditional small frame.  Some info on the difference:

The terms "small frame" and "large frame" refer to the caliber the pistol was designed for. Small frame pistols were designed around the 9x19 cartridge, and were later adapted for other small frame calibers: .40 S&W, .357 SIG, .41 AE, etc.; large frame pistols were designed around the .45 ACP, then adapted for .38 Super, 10mm, 9x25 Dillon, ect.

Large frame pistols can be chambered in small frame calibers (e.g. 19/2011, Tanfoglio Witness) but not vise versa.

Because it's designed for large frame calibers, the CZ 97 is longer from front to back, but the TS is a hair wider.