Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Oly Arms Oas Open Sight Rail, Anyone Sell This?

raz-0

http://www.olyarms.com/?page=m3_FIRSH_accessories it's at the bottom of the page.

Can't find anyone selling it, but it looks like it is a set of 1911 sights in a milled aluminum base that mounts to a hunk of picatinny rail.

I was considering the JP sight, but this looks adjustable, slightly lower profile, and possibly less sharp at the corners (maybe).

Just wondering if they are actually on the street yet and thought someone here might know.

Unlike the JP, that does not appear to have a front sight. It looks like it's supposed to be mounted where the normal carrying handle sight is. Why you would want a pistol style sight there (instead of the peep), I have no idea.

If you wanted to mount that on a handguard, you would have to cobble together a front sight for it.

It actually looks like it takes standard 1911 sights and the front one is there but hard to see. With the same sight radius as a 1911, if you place it in the regular spot on hanguard, it should be right at the same place as your handgun sights are normaly. It could be a really cool thing if you used the same sights on your handgun and rifle. They would look the same for short range shots.

The main reason why this might be cool is the adjsutability and the fact it looks less sharp. The JP ione has some really sharp points on the corners, and that can be a bad thing if your hand gets near them. Also, if it is dovetailed in the front, you could put a dawson or something in the front. Which might be cool. It also lokos like it is possible it is vented, which means it may be possible to not completely block off your handguard vents.

Lots of interesting maybes, hence my search for some firsthand experience or a vendor with a better picture.

heck, I may buy one jsut to review it.