Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My First Penalty Free Match!

gmshtr

Well, I don't know if shooting the Bianchi Cup kick started my sight tracking, but I just shot 7 stages without a penalty at Fredericksburg's club match. I know, that doesn't sound like a big deal, but when you manage 38 penalties in your last four major matches, and have your worst finishes in 7 years, you take what you can get! :lol:

Oh well, I was awake, I was bored, sorry to take up forum space.

Great job to the Fredericksburg Practical Shooting Club, BTW. Nothing like a 150+ round club match!

Phil

Well, I don't know if shooting the Bianchi Cup kick started my sight tracking, but I just shot 7 stages without a penalty at Fredericksburg's club match.  I know, that doesn't sound like a big deal, but when you manage 38 penalties in your last four major matches, and have your worst finishes in 7 years, you take what you can get!  :lol:

Oh well, I was awake, I was bored, sorry to take up forum space. 

Great job to the Fredericksburg Practical Shooting Club, BTW.  Nothing like a 150+ round club match!

Phil

Phil,

You mean you were actually looking at your sights, :lol:

Just pulling your chain, Cause I Can.

Alan

...but I just shot 7 stages without a penalty at Fredericksburg's club match.  I know, that doesn't sound like a big deal, but when you manage 38 penalties in your last four major matches...
thats funny....i think i had 38 penalties at the fredericksburg match.

zero penalties at that match was an accomplishment! maybe i should take up bianchi...

"Great job to the Fredericksburg Practical Shooting Club, BTW. Nothing like a 150+ round club match!"

Agreed. Consider this:

- 150 rounds, 7 stages (including classifier burn it down) and,

- it only cost $20.

What kind of stages? Stages featured pressure-pad activated swingers and clamshells, lots of walls, plenty of steel, a classifier-like stage with 15 to 20 yard hard cover/ strong hand only target, huge free fire zones and several 20+ round stages where the stage description was: "engage targets as they become visible"; the essence of freestyle.

-Everything ran smooth despite more than 100 competitors.

Results? They were completed and e-mail to the competitors by 11 PM that same night.

Fredericksburg is an outstanding match. Well done Tino.

As for Phil's performance, this match was held in rough conditions with 90+ degree temps & no breeze; it was hot enough to cause some DNF's due to the heat. Impressive.

Regards,

D.C. Johnson

Agreed. Consider this:

- 150 rounds, 7 stages (including classifier burn it down) and,

- it only cost $20.

this local match could easily be a sectional or area match (ok, might need to add a couple of more stages) and charge a hundred dollar entry fee. it really is an excellent match.

and this is something that i've never seen anywhere else. it was hot as hell, with no shade and no breeze...but they provide FREE, ice cold bottled water, and lots of it. the fredericksburg crew runs a GREAT match.