Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

MPX with CMC trigger issue.

For those using CMC triggers in your MPX. I noticed the hammer on the CMC trigger group to start mushrooming and the area around the firing pin was getting beaten up pretty good. Factory trigger and MIL SPEC triggers are .300" and the CMC is .215 wide. I have about 2000 rounds through it with the CMC trigger and this is a Gen 2. What are the width of other aftermarket triggers?

IMG_2208.JPG

IMG_2216.JPG

Hammer pin holes are fine. The CMC hammer width is almost the same as the firing pin hole crevasse. Don't think it is a hardness issue since the BCG is also getting beaten up. Both of my CMC trigger are the same width. 

Would like to find an aftermarket trigger that is wider and or taller but not holding my breath. 

Edited by MrRick

CMC does not recommend there triggers for PCC. I talked with them and they said there triggers would probably not work because of the height differences in the bolt configurations between AR's and PCC. I had a spare CMC and tried it anyway. There were correct. Had all kinds of problems. CMC is a great company. Customer service is beyond the best. Replaced my beat up trigger even when they said is probably wouldn't work.

I also noticed that when I looked it over. The hammer is a bit on the short side. I'm just going to stick with the original trigger system for now. Debating if I want to put JP springs in it though. 

Hello: I am using a polished Mil-Spec trigger with JP light springs in one of my AR 9mm's and it works great. Lights off small pistol and small rifle primers just fine. Primers are Winchesters. I would give it a try with either the light or JP red spring. Thanks, Eric

Well I'm going to stick with the original hammer and I'm going to try out the Bull Moose tactical flat face trigger and see how that works with the factory hammer. It also comes with a lighter trigger spring.