Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Indiana State Match

Just got home from Indiana, what a well run match. Good job by all the SOs and MD. The match was very challenging and had a good round count. This is one i will make again :P

Congrats to both Bill N. and his wife they both did very well. :) (as a side note it was also nice meeting Bill even if briefly.

How did i shoot? I crashed and burned on a house attack stage :( (brain fade) so i ended up mid way in my class.

This has been one of the BEST major IDPA matches i have seen.

Frederick Haring

I think brain farts where contagious that day, I have mine the first four or five stages, my best was stage nine, and that was the one they threw out, my only clean run of the day, I liked the house clearing my self did it in 30.and some change 4 down, I could have did better that last target through the window was not where I thought it was , i did manage to pull second place though

And yes hats off to Scott for running a really good show, it was worth the trip

Scott and Kevin really put together a great match. It was the first IDPA match that I have shot since October and really liked the stages. You sure could tell I was rusty on the tactical reloads, really slowed me down

I ended up 4th in CDP Expert, screwed up the slider stage. I was planning on steel, window target, low target and then 3 on the slider to go to slide lock so I could speed reload while moving to the other side. Instead I only threw 2 at the slider and did a really slow tact reload....and ended up with a miss on the slider!!!

I also screwed up the last standard stage, when going prone I "landed" and was positioned too close to the cover to bring my left arm up and out without exposing my self, so I shot it strong hand only, prone!!!

Yeah I smoked on stage 9 as well, and Larry Wilbanks that ended up beating me had a procedural on it, lucky SOB got that tossed!!!!

The reason for them throwing it out was that two groups of SO's shot it wrong on Friday giving them an unfair advantage. When they went through they did not do the reload with retention that everyone else did, instead they all shot to slide lock and did speed reloads. It gave them a good 3-4 second advantage on it, so they threw it out.....

Great match all around, hope everyone had fun

Attached is the list of Sponsors for the Prize Table

Prize_Table_05_IN_State_IDPA_Championship.doc