Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How many rounds between cleanings

V2plus25

48 minutes ago, homewrecker07 said:

Wow, and I'm cleaning every 500 rounds here... I need to extend my intervals

I'm lazy......I went a whole year not cleaning my CZ SP-01!!!! I do oil my guns often, but they aren't dirty of overly wet, I put a few drops on them before every match. One on each rail, one on the barrel, one on the slide where it pushes on the hammer, and drop or 2 on the trigger parts if it looks dry. I use Mobil 5W20 Synthetic.

2 hours ago, mjmagee67 said:

I'm using a 10lbs PD hammer spring and I have only gotten 1 failure to fire with Winchester primers durring practice after several 1000s of rounds. I do use Federal primers in matches though. 

You're getting really good reliability out of the 10lb spring.  Wow that's incredible! Guess I need to break out the Flitz and go to town on round 2 polishing up the gun. 

Hopefully I can eventually get down to reliably igniting Winchester primers with the PD 13# spring without resorting to expensive measures such as getting a 1050 for consistent primer seating depth.

1 hour ago, V2plus25 said:

You're getting really good reliability out of the 10lb spring.  Wow that's incredible! Guess I need to break out the Flitz and go to town on round 2 polishing up the gun. 

Hopefully I can eventually get down to reliably igniting Winchester primers with the PD 13# spring without resorting to expensive measures such as getting a 1050 for consistent primer seating depth.

Yes I own a 1050 ;) BUT I've never had an issue loading with my 550. I was loading 135gr bullets on the 1050 and loaded 147gr bullets on the 550. I was using 147gr in practice with the Win SPPs.

1 hour ago, V2plus25 said:

I load Winchester primers on a 550b.  Last couple weeks I was about 99% with a PD 14# and the stock firing pin setup, with a couple DA light strikes.  I switched to the PD optimized firing pin and spring yesterday, along with dropping to a 13# hammer spring,  and today ran 300 rounds through the gun (Stock 2) with 100% ignition.