Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Idpa Esp Glock... What Do You Think?``

DrKyle1

I am planning on switching from ssp to esp in the future... I am trying to plan my gun *kid in candy store feeling* Please give me your ideas and suggestions to the following: G34 - 9mm with a barsto or kkm barrel, THE brass mag well and ss guide rod, skate tape, 15lb ismi recoil, Vanek trigger job shooting 147gr Montana Gold pushed by VV powder to make 130pf Dura Coat tiger stripe finish. Thanks for your suggestions!

I don't think the Brass magwell is allowed anymore - try the JP magwell instead.

Might want to try a lighter weight spring too - but I'll defer to the experince of other 34 ESP guys.

Sounds like it will be a fun gun to shoot.

Mark

I shoot a G34 with the Novak full length SS guide rod with a Wolf 12# spring (it fits the large diameter of the Novak guide rod) it also wears the JP mag well. My trigger work was not polished at all but rather I put in a reduced Wolf striker spring which brought the pull down to just under 3 pounds. It goes bang everytime and I don't wonder about anything too goofy happening with the trigger and the $5 spring was a hellofalot cheaper than the alternatives.

Mark was right about the brass magwells, here's the exact text thanks to cut and paste:

"1. Non-IDPA-Legal Modifications for ALL Divisions

The following modifications are NOT ALLOWED IN ANY DIVISION unless otherwise specifically mentioned.

A. Compensators of any type including hybrid or ported barrels.

B. Add-on weights for a competitive advantage (this includes, but is not limited to, weighted magazines, tungsten guide rods, brass magazine wells, weighted grips).

C. Heavy and/or cone style barrels without a barrel bushing.

D. Sights of non-standard configuration (i.e. Ghost rings, Bo-Mar rib, etc.).

E. Disconnection or disabling of any safety device on any gun.

F. Lights mounted on guns."

Rick

yawn... (Sorry, I just think there is too much "Pimp my Glock"...and load... going on now days. Little of it is needed.)

- good sights (I use Heinie or Novak)

- $0.25 trigger job

- grip tape

Spend the rest of your time and money on burning up cheap factory ammo.

Oh that's right I forgot about the added weight of the brass magwell, so that is out I will stick to the JP one. As far as pimping my glock... that is exactly what I want to do. I currently run a G35 in SSP ss with only the springs changed and a little polishing done. I love the classic but also want that sporty race car in the garage.

I prefer a G35 over a G34. The G35 shoots softer than the 34 at the same PF. One of mine is set up for ESP the other SSP. The only difference in the two is one has a full length steel guide rod that I made from D2. Both have Novak rear sights with a large dot Hi-Viz front. I use a 13# ISMI spring with two coils clipped. I set up both guns with identical 1 1/4 lb. trigger pulls.

I was told by HQ that the Seattle Slug was still legal for ESP. Guess I need to get that in writting.

I shoot the ESP gun when Dave Sevigny shows up in SSP. I like to save him the embarrassment of being beaten by a 56 year old guy. :lol:

Yes, I have been doing Glock triggers for 5+ years. The Slug was legal for ESP under the old rules. The Slug was never legal for SSP.

I just got through doing a somewhat different type of trigger for a customer. He wanted a trigger that was as close to a 1911 type pull as possible. I combined one of my Ultra Comp trigger bars with an 8 lb. connector. The result was a very short, crisp trigger with a pull slightly under 3 lbs. It was pretty darn close to a 1911 pull. I have felt 1911 triggers that were not as good.

Pulled one of my G34s appart today and cleaned and lubed (sparingly) and installed a Wolf overtravel stop. Put it all back together and grabbed the scale. Trigger is breaking at 2 pounds 12 ozs and the overtravel is greatly reduced. Like the new set up, but will know better after a few thousand rounds.

Rick

yawn... (Sorry, I just think there is too much "Pimp my Glock"...and load... going on now days.  Little of it is needed.)

-  good sights (I use Heinie or Novak)

-  $0.25 trigger job

-  grip tape

Spend the rest of your time and money on burning up cheap factory ammo.

+1

Although Joe's triggers do rock . . .