Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
tkheard

Tapatalk Regression

Since the forum has relocated, we've lost a feature in the Tapatalk realm. For subscribed sub-forums, there is a page that lists all you have subscribed to and you can tap on the entry and view the top of that sub-forum.

On the "Subscribed" page, to the left of each sub-forum name there is a circle with a checkmark in it. (see my attached screenshot) Before the forum moved, the circle/checkmark would be blue for any sub-forums that had new/unread content. Since the move, the color remains gray.

I have no idea what might be involved to repair this. I know the feature still works on other forums. And yes, I know that the plural should be 'fora'.

IMG_0050.PNG

It bugs me too since the forum moved. I don't subscribe to other forums so did not realize it was specific to these forums. I haven't tried to learn the ins and outs of Tapatalk, so I can't really offer any suggestions., but I feel your pain.

I'm waiting for Invision Power to release the latest version of the forum's software. After we upgrade to it, then I will be able to check into Tapatalk for any bug fixes.

It can be quite a PITA getting good support from Tapatalk. So before I initiate a ticket with them, please post here if you are having the same problem. Please also report the type of device you are using.

As of today, the problem still exists. I am using Tapatalk on an iPad, with most recent iOS.

Anyone else? I'm hoping to get a few more reports of the problem existing on different devices other than an iPad.

My check boxes are gray on my iPhone.
I was not aware the check boxes were significant; Tapatalk user guide is difficult to access.
My gripe is that when clicking on email link to an updated discussion my iPhone used to go directly to Tapatalk.
Now it opens in the browser asking if I have Tapatalk; if I click yes it opens the App Store, I click open and it opens Tapatalk main page but never takes me to the discussion link I started with.
It is easier to read posts on my tiny iPhone screen in Tapatalk than with the browser version, that's why I stick with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 2/24/2017 at 5:34 PM, benos said:

Let me know if this issue is resolved.

This was poorly worded. What I should have said... Tapatalk told me to install the latest version of their plug in, which I did. Which was supposed to fix the problem. So it has not?

I uninstalled and reinstalled tapatalk on my phone a few weeks back which helped being able to see my participated content. The blue dots mentioned above do not seem to be working.

Edited by DWFAN

I sent another ticket on it.

If any member other than tkheard is seeing the same problem reported in the OP, please post here.

Tapatalk made a correction to a file in their app. Is it working correctly now?