Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Converting a CZ CTS/LS into a open gun

Hi_Im_Vinh

I don't have any experience with that particular custom shop model, but I have built Open guns from both Tactical Sports and CZ75s so I know it's possible.  Is there any particular reason you want to start with that particular CZ?  You could save a few hundred if you start with a 75 SA.  Check out this thread: 

4 minutes ago, kneelingatlas said:

I don't have any experience with that particular custom shop model, but I have built Open guns from both Tactical Sports and CZ75s so I know it's possible.  Is there any particular reason you want to start with that particular CZ?  You could save a few hundred if you start with a 75 SA.  Check out this thread: 

Being that the upper is that of a Tac-Sport I figured it would be easier to acquire a comp for it . That and I like the idea of having a beefier upper slide and keeping the lower frame of a basic cz75 which I'm comfortable with.

I'm with Atlas on this one.  Seems like a lot of money to spend on a custom gun only to end up chopping, drilling, etc into an open gun.  The TS frame is kind of nice because they basically give you a nice big canvas to work with and you can shave it down to your desired shape and size (obviously there are limitations).  I've messed around with my TS quite a bit and the only thing that I wish I could change at this point is how heavy it is ( but I want the recoil characteristics to stay the same, so it's going to stay like it is except for the occasional paint job).  Don't forget that TS mags are higher capacity.

1 hour ago, Pistolpete9 said:

Don't forget that TS mags are higher capacity.

While this is certainly true for .40, I'm not sure for 9mm:  small frame 9mm mags are capable of the same 23+1 in a 140mm and 29+1 in 170mm, although I guess I have gotten 24+1 and 30+1 in the odd TS mag so maybe one round different.