Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Handgun Mounted Laser Question

I have a question for the Enosverse Group Mind. Does any company out there make a handgun mounted laser that will snap onto a Glock's Universal rail? I know Glock's got that combo light/laser thing but I'm looking for a dedicated laser unit. And yes, I know all about the LaserMax and Crimson Trace systems but those don't interest me for my purposes. It's got to be a dedicated laser that snaps onto a Glock rail. This is info for an article on handgun mounted lights and lasers for Handguns magazine, BTW.

Insight Technology's got the M6 whitelight and laser combo package. Rumor has it that Crimson Trace is working on a unit to go on the grip panel ---- possibly held in place by the replacement for the trigger housing pin.....

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's going to be in Handguns. It's not going to be an all-inclusive article on rail mounted lasers BTW but an article on shooting efficiency using the gun-mounted laser vs. a gun-mounted light vs. using a standard flashlight with the shooter's preferred gun/flashlight technique. Just FYI, my on-gun laser will be the Laser Devices, the on-gun light will be a SureFire X200, the flashlight will be my G2Z - or maybe my 9Z, I haven't fully made up my mind yet.

Another question for the Enosverse Group Mind. In this month's Gun Tests they have a fascinating article on handgun-mounted lights, and the author refers to his test sample SureFire as the "X200A". Anyone know what the difference might be between an X200 and the X200A?

Duane, do you have a link for: "my on-gun laser will be the Laser Products."

I see the link above for Laser Devices and I have been looking at a quick detachable Laserlyte GD model that is easy on and off of the Glock rail.

Thanks,

Rick