Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2017 WSSC

ZackJones

WSSC date and location is now set. Once again San Luis Obispo Sportsmen's Association will be hosting the match on behalf of USPSA. It will take place over the first weekend of May. Please help me spread the word. I'll have more details after everyone returns from the SHOT show.

3 hours ago, ZackJones said:

This could be the last time due to upcoming gun laws.

Speaking as a Californian, I fully expect and accept this to be the last year the WSSC will be held in California.  I am very grateful for this year.  What I truly hope is that the next one will be in Vegas so that this portion of the country can have a big match that is within traveling distance, and also in a town that is "hotel friendly" and so forth.  It's also good to get the loved ones to come along and have things to do if they don't want to join along at the range.  I don't think there could be a better choice of location than Vegas, and I know others in my area who feel the same.  Hopefully just raising a point for consideration.

Edited by jkrispies

On 1/20/2017 at 11:37 PM, jkrispies said:

Speaking as a Californian, I fully expect and accept this to be the last year the WSSC will be held in California.  I am very grateful for this year.  What I truly hope is that the next one will be in Vegas so that this portion of the country can have a big match that is within traveling distance, and also in a town that is "hotel friendly" and so forth.  It's also good to get the loved ones to come along and have things to do if they don't want to join along at the range.  I don't think there could be a better choice of location than Vegas, and I know others in my area who feel the same.  Hopefully just raising a point for consideration.

Mike Foley has BoD approval to either sell or enter into a long-term lease for the WSSC match. After the match this year I'm going to actively try to find someone/some range to do just that. We (USPSA) want the match to find a long-term home and let someone work on building the match back into the great match it once was. Right now at the Steel National match we have 422 guns entered. I know that number will change as people withdraw, etc. It'll be interesting to see how many entries we have for the 2017 WSSC. We had 252 guns complete the match last year.

It would be nice if Nationals or the WSSC weren't in the first half of the year.

For those of us who don't live on the west coast or in the south, we aren't able to get out and shoot all that much due to weather.

Edited by jc91087

3 minutes ago, jc91087 said:

It would be nice if Nationals or the WSSC weren't in the first half of the year.

I agree completely! I'm certain the IPSC World Shoot in August was a major influence on the date change. In a perfect world we'd have Steel Nationals to start the season and WSSC to conclude it.