Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Wasn't my first gun, technically, but about the first I shot with any regular intent at precision --

My Grandpa came home from World War One and bought a Remington Model 12 pump .22 for a silver dollar that had a couple of bullets lodged in the barrel. He worked on it, and got the bullets clear. My Dad and uncle learned to shoot with that .22, as did my brother, some cousins, and I.

When Dad passed away, my brother and I divvied up his guns. The old Model 12 was one of them, but wasn't very serviceable -- the barrel was pretty well shot out. I took the old pump, and my brother took a .22 auto I'd given Dad a while back to replace the pump.

I got a gunsmith to bore out the barrel and put in a stainless steel liner, and adjust the headspace -- now it's a tackdriver and once again does guard duty against opossums and raccoons, harvests rabbits and squirrels, and my grandkids have a great time with it out back.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

While I was always allowed to use any of my parent's guns, it was understood that they were my parents, and not mine. Thusly, the first gun that was truly mine, was purchased after I turned 21, and was a Springfield Loaded 1911.