Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stock II Xtreme recoil spring

HeavyD7042

I wanted to change my Stock II Xtreme 9mm recoil spring with a new 10 lbs recoil spring I ordered from Eric. I now see that the recoil spring in the gun is 120mm long and the new recoil spring is 140mm long and has some coils more. The 140mm recoil spring requires more strength to rack the slide. 

I liked the smoother operation of the 120mm spring. Do I have the wrong recoil spring or can I cut coils?

Does the xtreme come with a 10 lbs recoil spring from factory or is it less?

At the Grauffel webshop you can only order recoil springs in different lbs and they are 140 mm. Nothing like long slide or 120mm standard slide.

So I guess you have to cut coils if you don't have a long slide to get the 120 mm.

But is the recoil spring than still 10 lbs if I cut coils? Or do I have to take a stronger spring to cut coils?

5 hours ago, HeavyD7042 said:

At the Grauffel webshop you can only order recoil springs in different lbs and they are 140 mm. Nothing like long slide or 120mm standard slide.

So I guess you have to cut coils if you don't have a long slide to get the 120 mm.

But is the recoil spring than still 10 lbs if I cut coils? Or do I have to take a stronger spring to cut coils?

If you cut coils your changing the spring rate........ making it softer

Just snip one coil, evaluate, contemplate and see how you like it. Then, a 2nd and repeat until happy. If the slide is sluggish, you probably need to polish the frame and slide rails. Strip them, slather polishing compound in the rails and hand cycle the slide 100 times pressing down hard. Repeat pulling up hard. Clean, lube and enjoy a glass smooth action.

1 hour ago, johnbu said:

Just snip one coil, evaluate, contemplate and see how you like it. Then, a 2nd and repeat until happy. If the slide is sluggish, you probably need to polish the frame and slide rails. Strip them, slather polishing compound in the rails and hand cycle the slide 100 times pressing down hard. Repeat pulling up hard. Clean, lube and enjoy a glass smooth action.

He's a non-USA ISPC shooter, I do believe. That means they will burn his house down and shoot his dog, if he gets caught with polished components inside his gun.