Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Barrel for cast? Any to stay away from

taymag

Might help if you post the type of gun you need a barrel for.

If it's the Glock you've been trying to load for, stay away from Lone Wolf or have them ream it for the upcharge, you'll have to phone in your order to do so. Plenty accurate, but had to load real short.

8 minutes ago, Beef15 said:

Might help if you post the type of gun you need a barrel for.

If it's the Glock you've been trying to load for, stay away from Lone Wolf or have them ream it for the upcharge, you'll have to phone in your order to do so. Plenty accurate, but had to load real short.

Ya, G17, I am trying to avoid loading short. I was pretty surprised at all the people saying no for LW or SL barrels and cast. Do you know the upcharge? And for .356 what would I have them ream to? 355?

11 minutes ago, blairmckenzie1 said:

If you are asking about cast bullets, KKM makes great glock barrels and threaded should be an option.  I have KKM's in 2 different G24's and a G17 and they all shot my lead cast bullets great.  

.355 and .356 is a bore measurement and has nothing to do with the throat

No idea why I said that hah, so KKM just has a deeper throat?

Ya, G17, I am trying to avoid loading short. I was pretty surprised at all the people saying no for LW or SL barrels and cast. Do you know the upcharge? And for .356 what would I have them ream to? 355?

Nope. Didn't do it. Read about it after purchase.

I don't cast my own but I buy them coated. I am not worried about leading, I feel like most that time that is user error, I have never experienced it with coated. I am more worried about having to be forced to load shorter than 1.100. Not really "worried", I just want the option

10 hours ago, taymag said:

I don't cast my own but I buy them coated. I am not worried about leading, I feel like most that time that is user error, I have never experienced it with coated. I am more worried about having to be forced to load shorter than 1.100. Not really "worried", I just want the option

But why? I have shot thousands through my 34 & 35 @ 1.060". KKM is what I shoot now but have worn out LW with equal accuracy.