Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SVI Mag dimensions

CrashDodson

I have 8 svi mags.  4 are old style 4 are new style.  All of them have different feed lip dimensions.  The Enos SV mag post, dawsons video, the freedom gunworks tutorial all have different feed lip recommendations.  What is the current trend in feed lip dimensions for SVI mags?  Mag body dimensions?  

i have 2 140 and 1 170 9mm mag.  the two 140 are .312/326 and .308/316.   the 170 is .350/351.   Never had a issue with them feeding .  i have 3 140mm 40 mags and they are 370/386  .374/380  ..380/383.  same thing never had a problem with them 

be careful adjusting them as the metal in older sV mags seems thicker than my STI mags. they will split the rear seam before bending 

Edited by Sandbagger123

I have two old style 9/38 140's that I recently acquired and the feed lips seemed extremely tight. .300 front to back and one was .297 front to back. I adjusted my sti Feed lips following the Dawson DVD. These are so tight (comparing to the Sti mags) I'm afraid to try and work them.  After reading this post I'm going to just try them and see how they work. So is this normal and the general consensus is to just leave them alone? 

• 2 weeks later...

I adjusted the mags but  am having trouble with some rounds not pointed high enough.  They stick on the feed ramp, like going straight into the ramp instead of up.  Which part of the feed lip should be adjusted to troubleshoot this?

The double stack to single stack transition is the most likely culprit BUT you can chk to make sure the feed lip dimensions are at a min. Equal across the opening or maybe slightly wider towards the frt.  If that is all ok that transition I mentioned can be adjusted by squeezing that transition a little at a time,  making sure to keep the mag square.   Squeezing won't be easy as those mags are really tough.