Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Northern NJ 3-Gun Intro ?

Ajdo

16 hours ago, Nathanb said:

I doubt you'll find any classes on it. Best bet is to find a small match and go do it

I agree with this - I'm a 3 Gun noob (2 matches under my belt), but I've been shooting IDPA and Steel Challenge for a while. Every single one of those events, it's the same advice - you're best off jumping in with both feet and just doing it. 3 Gunners are some of the most helpful and friendly people there are. If you're missing gear, someone will almost certainly loan you what you need. Just go, shoot to your ability, and have fun!

Not North NJ , but Central   OBCATS is putting on a 2-gun match December 31st.. might be a good place to start to get a taste .. great people and will welcome you. They will require to you to be somewhat proficient with a sling fyi ..  bad timing for me ,as it is my wife's birthday:angry:. good luck

and you don't need to go to PA to have fun fyi 

http://www.obcats.com/

Thank you ALL for these information. I am happy to find 3-Gun community VERY helpful. 

@Makdaddy : Thx for obcats information, was starting to think I may have to move to PA. Will contact obcats asap ! It's roughly 1 hour drive, a little shorter drive than going to PA. Will be going to PA as well :)

@Jack : During my research I found Easton PA range recently joined 3-Gun organization. Do you know other PA places I can look into ? 

@Huafist & Nathanb : Found several 3-Gun intro classez online but far away and thought I may find something around where I live, wishfull thinking :) 3-Gun can be a little intimidating looking in from the outside. When I contacted Eaton PA range recently, I was told "3-Gun matches are for experienced 3-gun shooters". What I had heard up to now was 3-gun matches are for anyone who owns the proper equipment and just wanted to have fun, learn and enjoy shooting ! I guess someone at Easton did not get the memo ... 

I will follow your advice and just jump in !!!!

Looking forward to meeting you all at one point or another at the shooting range ?

AJ