Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

benelli - replace front sight

davsco

is the factory front fiber optic sight just soldiered (sp?) in there?  can i heat it up with a propane torch and just pull it out?  or perhaps screwed in?

then do you just drill and tap to replace with a hi-viz sight?

any help describing removing and replacing is greatly appreciated, thanks!

Unscrew the factory bead (righty tighty, lefty loosey) then install your favorite bead with a 3-56 threaded shank or screw. The Hi-Viz Comp or Tri Comp is very popular.

(The Benelli bead is actually a metric size thread, the more common 3-56 thread size will fit right in the hole in the rib)

thanks guys, it was indeed easy peasy!  i'll put some sort of adhesive on it to keep it from rotating and if that doesn't work, i'll do a blind pin (ie just a tiny screw) at the rear hole in the hiviz sight.

Just un-screw factory sight and screw in the Hi-Viz. That is what I did. Make sure to use locktite or something similar, I didn't and the first match the front sight came loose and was just spinning. Lesson learned there for sure.

• 7 years later...

My Benelli M2 shoots a little high after making the correct stock adjustments. I need a front sight that is a bit higher, I think. Any suggestions?