Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stock 2 vs Stock 2 Xtreme Worth it?

mfairall

7 hours ago, PatriotDefense said:

Get your chamber reamed and if your gun is tuned properly it will eat what ever you feed it...... 14lb spring will be your your best bet for running factory ammo. Talk to JJ about our BOLO's as he carries them now, unless he's hoarding them all in the back. 

Yeah he has them. he was actually fitting one for a customers Xtreme when I was there last. Ill definitely be using your thread once I pick one up but i think I'm going to wait until after the holidays.

4 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

They're coming up regularly on GunBroker these days, so that indicates that any dealer (who genuinely wants to help) should be able to chase one down without too much trouble.

Funny you say that I checked GB last night there were a few. there was an Xtreme for 1375 buy it now also.

4 hours ago, billthemarine2862 said:

I was considering getting the Xtreme S3.  I decided on the S3 Elite instead.  Really glad that I did.  I have a friend with a S3 Xtreme and we both agree that the trigger on mine is far better.  I have spent about the same on my pistol and parts as a S3 Xtreme NIB.  So for the same money I have a better trigger, optimized Springs, guide rod, sights, etc.  I also have 7 mags with springer base pads.

Plus, I have had hours of time on the bench working with this pistol.

You can certainly get the Xtreme to run just as great but, that is some serious extra coin to spend.

Personally I prefer the hard chrome finish of the S2 vs the extreme ceramic finish.  I really love the glossy blued finish of the S3 vs the Xtreme s3.  (I like the S3 Elite finish so much I am having my CZ 97 refinished the same way)

It definitely sounds like this is the way to go. Thank you.

On 16/12/2016 at 11:11 PM, IHAVEGAS said:

Why?

If you do not care, fits your hand better, better accuracy, reliability, other ? 

For me because there is less mass on A stock 2 slide I pick the sights up a little faster than the Shadow 2. This becomes really noticeable shooting weak hand strong hand. Tanfo is a little better in the hand for me and is a little more accurate. Im used to the tanfo and dont shoot the CZ better so I see no reason to change.  Cz still a great gun for the $$ however.

8 minutes ago, Jezz said:

For me because there is less mass on A stock 2 slide I pick the sights up a little faster than the Shadow 2. This becomes really noticeable shooting weak hand strong hand. Tanfo is a little better in the hand for me and is a little more accurate. Im used to the tanfo and dont shoot the CZ better so I see no reason to change.  Cz still a great gun for the $$ however.

Thank you for the explanation. 

19 hours ago, ARy said:

Correct, but note - the one JJ was fitting that day was for a DELTA hammer. If you get a Titan hammer, the bolo will 99.998% drop-in.

Thanks for the explanation. JJ also said the customer wanted a little more pretravel than most.

I set mine up to have some pretravel.  i was launching them on weakhand transfer as soon as the weak trigger finger went in the guard.

33 minutes ago, mfairall said:

Thanks for the explanation. JJ also said the customer wanted a little more pretravel than most.