Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

$800 Limited Gun Suggestion

wwiley

You can get a brand new CZ 75 Tactical Sports in .40 for about that price.  Comes with 4 17rd mags too and the gun is ready to go out of the box with good sights and good trigger.

I do like the balance of the CZ 75. I have never shot one though. Are they difficult to obtain parts and accessories for? Is the CZ 75 Tactical Sports the same as the CZ 75 IPSC?

Parts are easy to get if you know me or Angus. :D

There are more and more accessories coming out for the CZ's, even the factory is stepping up...

The Tactical Sports replaced the IPSC ST. It is basically the same pistol, with some refinements.

It pains me to no end to agree with an Aggie, but Texasag93 hit the nail on the head. Get the Para P16 Limited. I like the blue better than SS but that's a personal call. If you don't have a mag well you can run standard Para base pads on your mags and don't have to spend a fortune on mags. I got the Dawson mag well and Dawson base pads for the mags which makes a nice combo, but not necessary to start the game.

You can find mags pretty reasonable on USPSA or here. I went on a buying spree and have more mags than I know what to do with now.

Get the Para and don't look back.

Hook'em!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Then change the barrel, eventually the slide and all the internal part and you should be good to go.

Thats how my girlfriend ended up before she comendered one on my ABC guns.

Now she is shooting a 75B for Production.

When I can get her to shoot......

angus, matt, what improvements did they make to the CZ75 TS?

does it still have that fragile looking rear sight?

also aside from the taylor freelance pads, are there any real 140mm baspads out there?

Back on the singlestack question, dont get anything but the springfield.

kimbers and smith are loaded with MIM parts and that voodoo external extractor.

springfield still uses the good stuff.

angus, matt, what improvements did they make to the CZ75 TS?

does it still have that fragile looking rear sight?

also aside from the taylor freelance pads, are there any real 140mm baspads out there?

Angus could answer this better than me, but I do know the rear sight is fixed instead of adjustable and that's a feature I like. I think the only ones are the Taylors right now. I have heard that one can take Glock basepads and mill them to work, I think Mike Eagleshield (CZ-USA Gunsmith) did that.

The problem with dropping cash on a singlestack and mags is that you're screwed if you decide to shoot Limited later. Been there and done that with my Kimber L-10 gun. First time I decided to try the SS in Limited the first array (from a box) was 18 rounds....Bad idea to start Limited that day.

Ended up with a used stainless Para P16-40 LTD that I love. Extended mag release and ICE magwell were all that were "required" to get the gun ready to go. Of course there were the 7 $85 (including Dawson extensions) mags, but 3 would work as well. I'm not too trusting of the government, so I plan on ending up with 10 mags before I'm done.

Slicked up the inside of the mag tubes with a scotch-bright pad, dropped in a para follower, para spring, dawson extensions and immediately had 20 reloadable rounds in all 7 mags that have never failed. Could probably trim the follower and cram in another round, but it would be hell to get seated. I'll try it anyway when I manage to remember I bought a spare follower just for that purpose.

My final word on the Para is that since I bought it, my career/financial situation has changed dramatically to the better and I can afford a custom STI without a second thought. However I'm sticking with the Para because it runs 100%, feels good, holds lots of rounds, is accurate, and I just like the thing.

The only problem is Hopalong must have removed any residual mojo of his off the gun before shipping it to me(it was VERY clean).

If you have any thoughts at all about shooting Limited one day, then go with a double stack gun, otherwise plan on an additional gun/lots of gear purchase in the future.

However I'm sticking with the Para because it runs 100%, feels good, holds lots of rounds, is accurate, and I just like the thing.

JFD you can say that again, I love my SS P1640 Limited. I have the exact same setup as you, Dawson Ice, Dawson mag base pads (20+1) replaced the mag release and had a trigger job set at 1 lb 14oz. All I can say is "I Love it."

Shipster

Shipster

I also don't feel handicapped compared to the S_I shooters. Definitely the best equipment decision I've made to date.

Now if I can learn to use the sights for EVERY shot...