Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Finally Shot My Fourth Classifier

Jerry V

...... will classify as a "D" at 39.5582% , just missed "C" <_<

1st) 99-62 39.7769%

2nd) 99-51 37.6404%

3rd) 03-03 30.4356% (missed a popper and had to reload a third time :( )

4th) 99-08 50.3802%

These are the only USPSA matches I've ever done, so it's been a real learning experience with a lot of adjustment to technique and equipment. I'm still using my 610 & 10mm brass, but have changed the load to W231 & Berry's 180gr RN. The load is just a little over major, very clean (no more cleaning chambers between stages like when I used Unique) and very accurate. The RN bullet is sooo much better for reloads than the RNFP I was using. I've added a SDM red fiber optic front sight -- big improvement and 8 CCW moonclip holders (can't have too many of these).

Reading this forum and the comments from this group have helped a lot, so thanks ;)

I'm still getting coments like "your still shooting that thing" <_< "you much be a gluten for punishment " :blink: and so on, but I smile and tell them to get used to it because I'm sticking with the wheelgun :D

I'm going to 4 more matches in the next six weeks so I hope to be "C" within the next couple months. Just need to work a little more on accuracy and the rest should come together.

---- Jerry

JerryV,

Good for you!

Revolver is much more fun than the bottomfeeder. Don't sweat the comments-they are jealous. :D

Mrs. Airedale shoots .40 S&W through her 610 and enjoys it.

Keep at it.

Dave

Jerry:

Congrats on making C. What will really get those auto shooters is when you start beating them with your revolver.

Some things I've noticed at matches... people volunteer to pick up my brass.

I get all my brass back, at USPSA matches I get in all the reloading practice I need.

I love shooting revolver. Hopefully there is an ICORE club near you and you can shoot their matches as well. Try ICORE.ORG.

Thanks

AD, the comments don't bother me. Never having shot in any of the other divisions (really have no desire to do so) I just don't get what's so hard with competing with a wheelgun :rolleyes: .... ok the 8 shot arrays can be a PITA <_<

Yeah, the 610 is great, but what a big chunk steel B) . The S&W 66 w/38spl I use for Speed Steel matches is a pleasure to use by comparsion.

AZ, actually I'm gonna be a "D" (I edited my post because it was a little miss leading) but hopefully not for long. There isn't any ICORE matches in my area, but the IPSC & Steel matches I do are enough for now. As far as combined scores, I've never been last, the closest I've come was my 1st match 61st out of 66, the best so far was 46th out of 78 .......... yeah it's a good feeling :D

I'm still getting coments like "your still shooting that thing"  <_<  "you much be a gluten for punishment "  :blink:  and so on, but I smile and tell them to get used to it because I'm sticking with the wheelgun  :D 

---- Jerry

Stick with it ;) if it were easy there would be more four (or five) gun Masters :D

It won't be easy but when you do make progress it is sweeter still to beat some of those same guys that gave you a hard time. Even if they don't let on, they will respect you.