Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Theres a list of them...

JFoley001

First match ever today. Awesome time and great people. No DQ. Hardware is a Para 16.40 PC shooting Limited minor.

My mistakes included:

Not verifying a round in the chamber at make ready. "Click." Crap. Now what. Oh yeah!

Stovepipes and FTE's galore due to my weak reloads wanting to shoot minor until I get the hang of things. I never felt recoil once today. Switching to major immediately. Pistol runs 100%, my weak loads cost me beaucoup time.

I'm lacking in the magazine reload dept. Took several tries to completely depress the mag release. Need to become familiar with reaching uber forward with my thumb to get around the double stack frame.

All in all I shot very well, but not up to what I know my potential to be. 2 qualifiers cleanup up straight alphas, although the time wasn't impressive. Speed will come with practice, practice, and well, more ...

12 hours ago, JFoley001 said:

1.  Not verifying a round in the chamber

2.  Stovepipes and FTE's galore due to my weak reloads

3.  I'm lacking in the magazine reload dept. Took several tries to completely depress the mag release.

4.  2 qualifiers cleanup , although the time wasn't impressive. Speed will come with practice

1.  We've ALL done that once.    :(

2.  NEVER go to a match with untested ammo ...    :wacko:

3.  Dryfire and practice.    :huh:

4.  Speed will come with GOOD practice ...   I practiced for MANY years, to no avail, until I

joined BEnos and started practicing the proper way.    :bow:

Sounds like you enjoyed yourself, and learned a great deal - you now know what to do ....   :)