Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Slugged a polygonal Tanfoglio barrel

Just in case anyone is curious... standard .356 diameter lead bullets will probably play nicely with this bore diameter.

.355 is the widest measurement I could take on a .358 bullet after it was driven through the barrel with a squib rod.

IMG_1975.JPG

Edited by MemphisMechanic

7 hours ago, ryridesmotox said:

Another barrel I've seen is tighter my .002inch just so everyone knows. If you seem to get more buildup, you'll want to confirm the diameter.

That's why I slugged mine. To see if leading or poor accuracy from a .356 bullet would be an issue at all, should I decide to shoot it.

Thanks Memphis! I've been toying with buying some blue bullets as my next order, but will stay with .356 BBI's.

Yeah I should slug mine, but I'm too lazy. I think it's just fine, only had a little smutz in the barrel that came out with a nylon brush.

I really like shooting BBIs - the owner is a shooter who lives 90 minutes away and hits my local matches. Being able to pick them up w/o Shipping when he is in town is very convenient.

Their 135 RN over Clays or Titegroup or WST is a really nice all-around load.

I just picked up 6,000 150gr semi-wadcutters from Bayou though. I pretty much just want to play with them - and 150s shot through a heavy Stock3 are probably going to have all the recoil of a staple gun...

Edited by MemphisMechanic