Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Time for a tune up

bthoefer

My practice gun is ready for a tune up. It's got around 45,000 rounds through it along with almost daily dry fire.  This is a SP-01 (not a shadow) with all the Cajun Gun Works goodies. 

It has begun doing one odd thing. In DA if I pull the trigger very slowly occasionally the overtravel screw bottoms out before the hammer falls. Of course the easy fix is to back out the overtravel screw a touch (it's a 75 shadow line trigger). I'm curious as to what could be causing this though. 

In SA the hammer clears the sear and isn't close to the frame engaging the overtravel screw when the hammer falls. 

I do think this gun needs a new trigger bar spring, which is on the way. 

Any other things I should think about while going through the gun, other than the normal springs? 

Thanks.

Edited by bthoefer

My guess with out seeing the gun... Stacked tolerance from the wear on each moving part including pins and etc... I would check each part, pin, and pin hole and then replace them. Hope this helps ... Good luck

Just now, CarlB86 said:

Is it possible that the over travel screw walked?

First thing I checked. It definitely has not walked, it's solidly in place with red loctite. To adjust it I'm going to have to take it out and heat it. 

I'm mostly curious about what has worn to alter the timing enough to cause this issue. 

4 minutes ago, CZ85Combat said:

Only three come to mind. Trigger Bar, Sear Cage & Disconnector.

That's what I'm thinking too. Although I doubt it's the sear, since the issue is in DA. I'm guessing it's just wear between the trigger bar and the disconnector but sear cage is a good point too.

If it was SA I'd lean more towards the sear.