Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Practical Shooting: Beyond Fundamentals

XRe

I swear I searched, and I didn't find a topic dedicated to Brian's book - I also didn't see anything telling me not to post anything about it, so.... :) Someone yell at me if I blew it :)

I just finished what amounts to be my 2nd full read of Brian's book. What can I say that everyone here doesn't already know?? Anyone who is serious about competitive pistol shooting should have this book. I'd definitely recommend multiple reads, especially as your performance improves - you're going to find new tidbits along the way, and your experience will allow you to perceive meaning that was unclear during previous reads.

I would just love to go on some long winded spiel about every little point and what it means to me, etc... but I won't :) I'll just say that, reading all the way through it again, I realized that I'd experienced a lot of what he describes, sometimes in exactly the way he's described it, in my past experiences - and it gives me hope of finding those things again, and moving beyond them to some of the even cooler stuff he talks about :)

Buy It! Read it! Enjoy! :)

Yeah - a lot of topics reference the book. But I meant a topic *FOR* the book :) I couldn't find one of those - I think it deserves one, anyhow... :) If I'm wrong, or it's a faux pas, someone nuke the thread :) It could be that I'm just tired, and performed several rather inept searches :)

I'm on at least my 5th read right now. Pages falling out, highlighter all over the place... Every time I come off the range thinking about mistakes I made, I realize the answers are all right there in that book.

It's like it just knows... ;)

- Gabe

What can I say? I bought one of the first copies. I have read it so many times I can't count. I read it again this winter and STILL got something I didn't get before. In fact I can't find it right now and its really ticking me off.

Yeah - a lot of topics reference the book. But I meant a topic *FOR* the book :) I couldn't find one of those - I think it deserves one, anyhow... :) If I'm wrong, or it's a faux pas, someone nuke the thread :) It could be that I'm just tired, and performed several rather inept searches :)

Okay Outside the frequent humorous side trips, this forum is a discussion of the book. The technique, mental conditioning and Zen threads come to mind. Do a search on Brian's messages....

Okay  Outside the frequent humorous side trips, this forum is a discussion of the book.  The technique, mental conditioning and Zen threads come to mind.  Do a search on Brian's messages....

That's an interesting way of looking at it. This forum is definitely a super-set of the book - though, at this point, there's a lot of "ornamentation" (dealer's forums, 3-gun stuff, lots of technical discussion about equipment, etc...). Perhaps I was deluded by all the extra glitz :):lol:

Just finished reading it all the way through for the first time, but made it part of the way through before. My first attempt didn't go so well.

A little off of topic, but I have been watching Matt Burket videos again and seeing things in the this viewing that didn't click in the first half doz times through them too.

It's nice when you have invested in one of these training aids and it just keeps giving.

• 3 weeks later...
Every time I come off the range thinking about mistakes I made, I realize the answers are all right there in that book.

It's like it just knows...  ;)

- Gabe

If you take a college-level Music Theory course you will learn [with tons of examples] that every piece of music that's been written in the last 300 years, was already written once by J.S. Bach.

That's how The Book is. Anything you can learn about shooting was already in there.

I first heard about this book when i started shooting almost 8 years ago. I just got my first copy of the book and am looking fwd to reading it. From what ive read so far, I think I will learn alot. Thanks Brian.

What's in The Book (and The Forum) is the only way that I will be able to transition to shooting fast - from slow paper punching and plinking for 20 years!

There is so much more to action shooting sports than I had ever realised before getting here - and reading The Book.

and there's a much wider application of the contents than a cursory read suggests....