Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9mm Brass Getting Hung Up in Case Feeder Funnel

I had it happen one random time and that was it but I think it may have stemmed from the brass stacking in such a way that it didn't activate the switch to stop the collator.  Then it quickly piled a few pieces of brass and as the brass in the tube began to drop the few piled pieces of brass above fell down and blocked the output of the funnel.  

If this is how it is happening, look into your switch lever.  If it's just falling straight from the collator and blocking the funnel I don't know what to tell ya.

On 9/22/2016 at 11:32 AM, bradleygt said:

Hello. Has anybody else had a problem with 9mm brass landing in the funnel sideways  blocking the chute and fills up the funnel and then start falling off the side of the funnel? This is a dillion case feeder on a 550.

No, I have literally never had a problem. I did read about it when looking into get my first case feeder Dillon, a XL650. The 2 things that I read about that attributed to the "case waterfall" were; 1. Unstable shaky bench and 2. Not adjusting the metal table at the exit of the correlator  so only one case feed plate hole was exposed at a time. I've had mine adjusted like it is in the picture since day 1, zero issues even when I switch the plate out to small rifle.

temporary_zpscb71d01c.jpg