Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Just couldn't sell it..... 10mm

pdxrealtor

I acquired a witness match elite in 10mm and I was going to sell it but when I got the offer I couldn't help but back out of the sale. Something about the gun is just 'nice'. 

I've got a few CZs including a Rami and SAO 75b. Naturally I feel like with this 10mm Witness match,  I need a little brother. 

Im not a fan of polymer,  which leaves the compact steel 10mm. It's really calling my name. 

Is the quality better than years past? What about current magazines? Frame reliability? Anything else? 

I recently picked up a 10mm Comp-P (polymer). Good quality piece with a nice finish. I think the lighter/shorter slide of the compacts makes for a few issues with the recoil spring. I'm still working out a few issues with mine, but haven't been able to get back to the range to work it out yet. I think I'm going to be stuck selecting a specific brand/spec of ammo, matched to a specific spring weight, as I don't believe the compacts are very forgiving. I hope I'm wrong, but that's what it looks like at this point. The compact 10mm is a terrific size for me. I also have a Stock II and have had other 10mm full size Tanfos. My Stock II seems to run anything without issue.

Keep us posted. :D

Edited by smokemup

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 8:35 PM, pdxrealtor said:

Steel compact 10mm are IN STOCK! :D

Ordered! 

I wonder if the Tanfo 10mms can handle the original power Norma loading specs. My Colt Delta Elite eats them up no problem. I would totally rock a compact 10mm as long as the little beast could eat what I feed the Colt. I use underwood 155gr XTP ammo for defense... 1500fps and 774ft/lbs of energy at the muzzle... Its a bit harsh to shoot... I don't even want to think about what it would be like on the receiving end of that kind of punch.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...