Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What are the best 1911 build classes?

Shrek1

There is literally tons of information on YouTube.  If you watch a few you'll quickly figure out who has the right stuff.  

Good luck, I'm a beginning 1911 builder too and if you take your time the results can be incredible.  My slide to frame fit on my first build was better than any custom maker I have ever seen. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/21/2016 at 2:53 PM, gunsngeeks said:

There is literally tons of information on YouTube.  If you watch a few you'll quickly figure out who has the right stuff.  

Good luck, I'm a beginning 1911 builder too and if you take your time the results can be incredible.  My slide to frame fit on my first build was better than any custom maker I have ever seen. 

You must not be looking at any of the actual good custom 1911 builders.   It's not the slide to frame pic but the level of detail that went into the grip safety to frame fit should show you how well the rest of the gun is built. 

OP:

http://www.rodgerspistolsmithing.com/1911class.html

This is the class you wanna take.  It's $$$ but you leave with a gun and learn from probably one of the best in the country. 

For the record: the picture was built by another smith that's on Bob's level.

d47d0500285dafa558edd64ec6bc5a13?AccessKeyId=DA59CBC85D2045C79DDF&disposition=0&alloworigin=1