Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PCC - first full match video (1st overall)

Maxamundo

Shot my first match in PCC the other day, also.  I didn't get first, but I did get second overall.....losing to a GM Limited guy who is ridiculously fast.  (Tappe, knock it off!) 

And I got second even though (for the first time in at least 8 years) I completely ran past a target without engaging it.  Derp!

I need to work on some basics like, oh, loading, reloading, moving, shooting with moving, and trigger control, but overall it was a ton of fun.

A couple of us are shooting the Iowa Sectional this weekend in PCC, also, which should be an interesting time!

On 9/13/2016 at 7:08 PM, Maxamundo said:

Looks like fun stages with a lot of distance shots.

Your gun seems to be kicking a lot, what are the internals set up like? And what ammo?

Stock PSA gun for the most part.  I added an ambi safety since I'm left-handed (wish I could put an ambi mag release in, but they don't make one yet) and awhile back I won a HIPERFIRE trigger so I threw that in for fun.  (It is a great trigger.)  Other than that, stock bolt, buffer, springs, etc. 

Ammo I am using is my normal Production load (set up for 124 gr bullets) using 115gr bullets instead.  Cheaper, don't have to change my reloading setup, easily more-than-makes power factor.   (1300 ft/sec with a 115 gr bullet.)

Some of that recoil is due to the mag looking like it is waggling.  Ridiculous, but it does that.  No feeding issues or anything, it just looks like it shifts in the magwell.  I could certainly play with the ammo I'm using, (use 147 gr bullets, faster powder, drop the amount down, etc) to reduce recoil quite a bit----but I doubt I will.  This is just a fun gun for me to play with occasionally, and I don't want to work that hard when I can simply using my current load with no issues.  :)  I note also that if I was better with a rifle (better stance and grip) the recoil wouldn't be very noticeable, either.

Shot the Iowa Sectional with it for fun, along with a buddy of mine.  It was our second match ever in PCC, and certainly our first major match with them, and we ended up 8th and 11th out of 105 in the Overall.  (I know, I know, Overall doesn't count, but it is still an interesting comparison to make, particularly since neither of us is even classified in PCC, and this was only our second time ever shooting in PCC.)

When I get the match video done, I'll post it.

Thomas i have the same psa rifle also and i am to trying to stick with my production load but my bullets are getting stuck and my oval is 1.125 im curious i tried my 115s they did the same my 147s and equally as bad whats your oval? And also curious what your mag extension set up is? Thanks 

17 hours ago, chadxr650 said:

Thomas i have the same psa rifle also and i am to trying to stick with my production load but my bullets are getting stuck and my oval is 1.125 im curious i tried my 115s they did the same my 147s and equally as bad whats your oval? And also curious what your mag extension set up is? Thanks 

When you saying "getting stuck" what do you mean?  They aren't clearing the barrel when you shoot them?  They aren't loading properly from the magazine into the chamber?  The gun doesn't cycle enough to kick out the old case and push the new round in?  What powder are you using? 

For me, this gun has run everything I've tried in it, which is a lot of things.  Matter of fact, I think I've run 6 different loads (using 115s and 124s) through it, both standard-power loads, and very-reduced-powder-amounts loads, and ran everything.  OAL is 1.12.   (Plus I've show Federal bulk ammo and Winchester Whitebox, and a couple of other factory loads just out of curiosity.  As a comment on WWB---shot six rounds, chrono showed speeds between 1344 and 1474.  Talk about ridiculous variation!)

Mag extensions are the Taylor Freelance +10 extensions on 33-round mags which allows me to get 43 rounds in one of them, and 42 in another.  Standard spring, even.  (I _have_ the Wolff +5% springs for them, but with the regular springs, I couldn't make the gun not run at all, whether with two rounds or with 43.  I even shot it while using the mag as a monopod, pushing back, forward, and even sideways, and it still ran.  So, regular springs are still in them.)

Here's what shooting the Iowa Sectional (slowly :( ) looked like, in PCC.  It was a ton of fun:

25 minutes ago, Thomas H said:

When you saying "getting stuck" what do you mean?  They aren't clearing the barrel when you shoot them?  They aren't loading properly from the magazine into the chamber?  The gun doesn't cycle enough to kick out the old case and push the new round in?  What powder are you using? 

For me, this gun has run everything I've tried in it, which is a lot of things.  Matter of fact, I think I've run 6 different loads (using 115s and 124s) through it, both standard-power loads, and very-reduced-powder-amounts loads, and ran everything.  OAL is 1.12.   (Plus I've show Federal bulk ammo and Winchester Whitebox, and a couple of other factory loads just out of curiosity.  As a comment on WWB---shot six rounds, chrono showed speeds between 1344 and 1474.  Talk about ridiculous variation!)

Mag extensions are the Taylor Freelance +10 extensions on 33-round mags which allows me to get 43 rounds in one of them, and 42 in another.  Standard spring, even.  (I _have_ the Wolff +5% springs for them, but with the regular springs, I couldn't make the gun not run at all, whether with two rounds or with 43.  I even shot it while using the mag as a monopod, pushing back, forward, and even sideways, and it still ran.  So, regular springs are still in them.)

Here's what shooting the Iowa Sectional (slowly :( ) looked like, in PCC.  It was a ton of fun:

So i guess i should have been a bit more specific my round chambers and shoots fine but is stuck when i try to unload and show clear i cant pull the bolt back both of my loads are 115 sns 4.6grns tg oval is 1.125 it doesnt make any sense to me either ive seen no one else have this issue im wondering if i need to ream the chamber it is to short. Thanks for the rest of the info i will talk to you at the match next week if you get a chance im not going to shoot it again till i get this sorted out. 

4 minutes ago, chadxr650 said:

So i guess i should have been a bit more specific my round chambers and shoots fine but is stuck when i try to unload and show clear i cant pull the bolt back both of my loads are 115 sns 4.6grns tg oval is 1.125 it doesnt make any sense to me either ive seen no one else have this issue im wondering if i need to ream the chamber it is to short. Thanks for the rest of the info i will talk to you at the match next week if you get a chance im not going to shoot it again till i get this sorted out. 

My other load is the same oval 1.125 147 sns 3.0 tg