Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Replacing the trigger plunger and such

Shrek1

So I am new at this. I have watched numerous videos on you tube. But I thought I would ask for some advice. I want to replace the plunger and spring on my stock three. What is the easiest way to take it out and reinstall?

thanks

Unfortunately, the trigger plunger and spring are pretty much the last things to remove in the gun. Sear cage and trigger bar both have to be removed.

Slide off, remove safety, sear out, remove trigger roll pin and trigger bar, needle nosed pliers grab trigger bar plunger, remove. You can leave the hammer in if you want, I have a couple times on my stock 2 when removing the trigger bar assembly. Cover the little hole in the mag release when you remove the trigger plunger. There is a spring and plunger inside the mag release, and they are really small and easy to lose. 

You'll need a small punch, my 1/16th grace punch works for the ambi safety pin, a hammer, a flat bladed screwdriver to remove the right side grip scale (mine makes safety pin removed and reisntallation an pain), and a set of needle nosed pliers. There is an australian dude (I think) that has a good video on youtbe. Search for Tanfoglio Stock you'll find it. He shows how to break down the whole gun. 

1 hour ago, Shrek1 said:

Having issues with the hammer breaking to soon and misfiring. Plus just trying to learn assembly and disassembly processes

Trigger return plunger and spring aren't going to be related to early hammer release.

1) the plunger CAN be removed alone. Manually raise the trigger bar, using needle nose pliers push down and rotate the plunger. When clear, put your thumb or finger over the mag release hole to keep that part from flying away and pull the plunger out.

2) a few guns may not have tolerance to allow it, then you need to push out the trigger pin to get more clearance.

3) the "preferred" way is to detail strip the frame and polish all the bits as you go.

4) if there is a very wimpy spring in there I guess the trigger bar could be slipping off the disco prematurely.

5) a detail of parts replaced, work done would be helpful...but a return to the GS would be easier!