Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CTS on order

Butters

A few weeks ago I made the decision to get a CTS from CZC. I really wanted the TS Orange, but got tired of waiting, so I called Stuart and put in an order. Its going to have a full length dust cover as well. 

It should be here in time as I recover from a broken thumb. 

Nice.  I didn't know you could order it with a FDC. 

Wait, I guess they'd just use the extended dust cover of the TS.  I thought you were saying that CZC had access to the TS Orange frame w/o the scalloped/lightened frame, which looks great...but probably weighs a ton. 

Edited by MissionaryMike

10 hours ago, MissionaryMike said:

Wait, I guess they'd just use the extended dust cover of the TS.  I thought you were saying that CZC had access to the TS Orange frame w/o the scalloped/lightened frame, which looks great...but probably weighs a ton. 

Correct. They typically cut the cover to save weight, but I really like the look of the full length and not worried about the weight

16 hours ago, target4fun said:

Wouldnt the weight be better to soak up recoil. 

I think preferences differ between competitors of various styles and skill levels.  A beginner like me could certainly appreciate the any and all recoil assistance the heavier muzzle offers.  But others, who have developed good recoil control through technique and/or naturally strong hands and arms, might opt for a lighter muzzle for quicker transitions.  Some really good guys can pull the trigger  4+ times a second.  They need to get onto the next target ASAP.