Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TS recoil spring

Pistolpete9

I tried to search this,  but wasn't getting great results.  What spring are you guys running for your TS 9mm with 130PF loads?  I had a really good day at the range yesterday and felt like I was gaining some major ground, but now I feel like I'm waiting on the gun so that I can fire my next shot.  The slide is coming home pretty hard and it is dipping pretty hard on me before it gets back where I need it ( I know, I know, grip harder ).  What seems to work for you?   Cut a few coils?  Change it out?  What weight?

Plain TS 9mm factory spring is 15 lb, TS Orange is 14 lb and TS CM is 10 lb. Also CZ after market 11 and 13 lb factory springs are available. The 11 lb is not recommended by the factory for TS, but it still works fine.

On Tuesday, September 06, 2016 at 9:57 AM, PRanta said:

Plain TS 9mm factory spring is 15 lb, TS Orange is 14 lb and TS CM is 10 lb. Also CZ after market 11 and 13 lb factory springs are available. The 11 lb is not recommended by the factory for TS, but it still works fine.

Are you sure the Czechmate is 10?  I was under the impression it was 14 also.  I ordered an 11lb and it was shorter than what came from factory. I'm thinking of going down to a 9-10lb

13 hours ago, Honkeymcgee said:

Are you sure the Czechmate is 10?  I was under the impression it was 14 also.  I ordered an 11lb and it was shorter than what came from factory. I'm thinking of going down to a 9-10lb

My CM is build in 2010. Later models might have heavier springs.

Nominal 10 lb: Measured in CM 10.0 lb, free length 139-143 mm, outer diameter ø9.4-9.6 mm, 36 coils.

Nominal 11 lb: Measured in CM 12.3-13.1 lb, free length 126-130 mm, outer diameter ø8.9-9.3 mm, 30-31 coils.

Nominal 13 lb: Measured in CM 12.7-13.7 lb, free length 125-128 mm, outer diameter ø8.8-9.1 mm, 29-30 coils.

All springs have ø1.0 mm wire.

I run a 14# in the TS 40. I have run the 13# as well but wanted to tame the recoil down a little bit when I increased the PF on my ammo closer to 175. Order both from CZC and see what you like:

30020  13# Recoil Spring

30022  14# Recoil Spring