Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What parts do I need for my Versamax Tactical

diversmith

I haven't been shooting 3 gun for awhile (too busy with kids) and feel pretty much out of the loop.  I've had a NIB Versamax tactical that has been sitting in the safe and finally got out and shot it a little.  For as out of practice as I felt, I shot pretty well and felt like it had less recoil and I could transition faster than my M2.  I know it needs a lifter, extended tube and an extended choke tube.  What is everyone recommending for these parts?  I'm leaning towards the Taccom tube from what I have seen...they look pretty tough and adaptable.  I'm thinking 10 rounds in the tube and I dual load btw.  Or should I do something different due to newer rules?

Anything else that is recommended for tac optics division?

Thanks everyone for any help and advice.

A 10 round tube is OK (what I run on my VMs), but if you see quad loading in your future, then a 12-round tube is better. If you want to stick with 10, you can buy an extended endcap for the factory (Nordic) tube and maybe save a few bucks.

Welded carrier (Jeff Cockrum).

I also suggest an extra power action spring (the Wolff version for the Benelli M2). I had to use one in both my VMTs to cure intermittent feeding stalls.

Any parts that fail, replace them with the Benelli equivalent.

• 2 months later...

This is what I've installed in mine. I also found it necessary to take the edge off the extractor cut, and to shave the shell latch for easier loading.

For Chokes, I use Remington Probores and never had an issue.

C-Rums Welded Lifter
C-Rums Install XS Sight
Roulette Tactical +2 End Cap (+10 Total)
Benelli Firing Pin Spring
Benelli Firing Pin
Benelli Locking Head Pin
Benelli Hammer Spring
Benelli Hammer

Edited by legion85