Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Casefeed plates 550B/XL650 and conversion kits

So piggybacking on my other thread, where I have decided to add an XL650 and casefeeder and primarily setup it up for 45ACP, while running my 550B and existing casefeeder for 9mm

Since I have the 550b and casefeeder, by looking at the part numbers I see the casefeed plates are the same part number for either.  SInce I already have a Lrg Pistol casefeed plate with my existing 550b casefeeder, when I order the XL650 I can just order the small pistol version of the XL650 casefeeder, and just swap the plates, correct?  Thus winding up with small pistol on the 550B and large pistol on the 650.  I will be buying the xl650 with 45acp conversion kit - I won't need any other parts that would normally come with the xl650 large pistol casefeeder?  All that comes in the conversion kit (unlike the 550B, where you have to buy CF conversion parts separately for each caliber conversion...

Phew...that was hard to type lol...hope it made sense?

I though I read something along these lines on the BE ordering pages, but I can't find them now.

Edited by 78Staff

3 hours ago, ams30gts said:

The casefeed plates are interchangeable so no worries there.

If you are buying the 650 with 45ACP conversion kit and large pistol case feeder, you will not need anything extra other than dies.

Right, but I want to buy the small pistol case feeder, since I already have the large feeder plate from my 550 CF and will just swap the plates - moving the small to the 550, and large to the 650 CF.  Just want to be sure I don't need some other conversion part that is not included with the 650/45acp conversion kit.