Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

extractor question

Garmil

i see online that the m&p only has one model of extractor listed for all calibers.

just put a 40-9 barrel in my core and the extractor is way too loose for 9mm

what have others done to fix this? is 9mm in a factory 9mm slide also a very loose fit?

image.jpeg

Apex has an upgraded extractor.  When I sent my pistol to Mod 1 to get worked over he said mine was broken and swapped it out with the upgraded piece.  I haven't had any ejection issues whatsoever since.

I have had failure to feed and failure to fires issues.  I polished the feed ramp and chamber entrance to a mirror finish and that solved the failure to feed.  Still working on the failure to fires though.

I've run a lone wolf 40-9 conversion and a few failures to extract. Added the Apex extractor and had less, maybe 1 or 2 per match. Talked to Randy and got a 9mm ejector that has cured it so far (500+ rounds).

Sent from my reloading bench using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, ParaOrdnanceLarry said:

I've run a lone wolf 40-9 conversion and a few failures to extract. Added the Apex extractor and had less, maybe 1 or 2 per match. Talked to Randy and got a 9mm ejector that has cured it so far (500+ rounds).

Sent from my reloading bench using Tapatalk

You talking about a Glock or M&p?

7 minutes ago, Dannybot said:

Tell me about that compensator.  Does it work with standard loads and springs?

yeah it works with minor or major loads.  needs a fairly light spring. 11lb for minor 11 or 13 for major