Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Serial Numbers

smokemup

I have a Stock II 10mm with an odd serial number and was curious about its origin. It starts with FG and is in the low 20's in number. FG0002X. The slide doesn't have EAA, but has a marking for IFG.  Italian Firearms Group? Is that even still around?

18 minutes ago, smokemup said:

I have a Stock II 10mm with an odd serial number and was curious about its origin. It starts with FG and is in the low 20's in number. FG0002X. The slide doesn't have EAA, but has a marking for IFG.  Italian Firearms Group? Is that even still around?

image.png

Here's the story as I understand it: the owner of EAA, Vince Berkarat, started a second company, IFG.  IFG was located in the same building, with the same phone number (perhaps it was an attempt to shed the bad reputation of EAA).  The IFG catalog offered slightly different models than EAA including the 6" Bullseye; a few IFG branded guns were imported, but the company quickly disappeared.

It looks like you're holding the second IFG branded pistol imported to the US (I have the 17th), the X at the end means it was a demo/trade show gun.

The serial number is in the low 20's. The "x" was to hide the actual number. 2xxx kinda thing. Had no idea an actual "X" designated a demo gun. So anyway, you're holding an older IFG Stock II than mine. Interesting that IFG was in the same building and they used same phone number. It appears as if IFG is now (since 2014) operating out of Amarillo, Texas, according to http://italianfirearmsgroup.com    

No, just some fancy looking shotguns and big game safari rifles. From here on out I demand fancy scroll work on all my guns... Say, didn't we hook up on the Tanfoglio forum when it was still in existence? I recall your strong interest in the Elite series pistols such as the Stock I and II.