Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Left Handed Shooter

BLKturb091

I do not think that any O/U is more or less suited to a lefty than another.

I'm not a lefty, but Beretta makes a wide selection / price range of guns in the 686 series. I had the stock fitted with an adjustable comb like on the Winchester you linked and it makes the gun fit perfect. I highly reccomend them unless you get lucky and the factory fit is good. Find a good shotgun 'smith and have it fitted. It will make teh gun point better and you will be more successful. Trust me.

Beretta is a good choice. The Winchester gets good writeups, but no personal experience with them.

Browning would be one to look at also. The XS series, 525 or a used 425, etc.

An adjustable stock on any of them that you can adjust the cast, on the comb anyway, is a good idea. Unless you pick one up with a standard stock and it appears to fit.

Good luck.

I'm a lefty and I have a Beretta Ultralight. By far the best swinging and feeling shotgun I have ever owned. Weighs less than 6lbs, 5 3/4 actually. You can carry it all day long.

Flyin40

My buddy runs a gunshop in Lewisville Tx. called DFW shooters world. The previous owner of the store stocked 2 Browning 525 sportin g guns with left hand stocks. He really wants to move those things out of the store, so he more than likely will make you a deal on one of them.

Call 972-434-1962 and ask for Dyron if you are interested.

He is a shooter also and is stocking montana gold and precision bullets, as well as Hogdon and IMR powders. The store is in the process of becoming a Dillon dealer also for anyone in the DFW area that needs supplies.

Dave

• 3 weeks later...