Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Steel Challenge Target Heights

pmd

OK,

So I got the steel (well almost all of it) .....I am making the stands...I've got the 2x4's and now I need to cut them (the 2x4's) to the proper height. The above information on stages is great - but only "Pendulum" has the heights listed. Where can I find heights for each stage?

Many Thanks!

Paul

All round targets, except for those on Pendulum, are 5' high to the top of the target and all rectangles are 5'6" to the top of the target as set by transom from the shooters box.

All round targets, except for those on Pendulum, are 5' high to the top of the target and all rectangles are 5'6" to the top of the target as set by transom from the shooters box.

I've never seen any of these in a shooting box:

tran·som ( P ) Pronunciation Key (trnsm)

n.

A horizontal crosspiece over a door or between a door and a window above it.

A small hinged window above a door or another window.

A horizontal dividing bar of wood or stone in a window.

A lintel.

Nautical.

Any of several transverse beams affixed to the sternpost of a wooden ship and forming part of the stern.

The aftermost transverse structural member in a steel ship, including the floor, frame, and beam assembly at the sternpost.

The stern of a square-sterned boat when it is a structural member.

The horizontal beam on a cross or gallows.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Middle English traunsom, probably alteration of Latin trnstrum, cross-beam, from trns, across

AkiDale,

It is a direct quote from the 2004 Steel Challenge match book.

I'm sure that they meant to say Transit not Transom but it is what they printed so I figured I just put what they did, since it is their match.

Personally, I like to use an Auto Level - but to each his own.

• 9 years later...

No connection folks here? It's not a misprint. A transom is grading tool use to set elevations in construction.

Ie using a transom guarantees all teasers are the same height

It's what the guys that look through the little telescope things on the highway to shoot grades

Jeez didn't know this was ten years old

Edited by Mat Price