Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

MBX mag problem in CK open gun

Chillywig

Few months back I bought a new CK 9mm open gun and at the time ordered 3 MBX mags. One in 170 155 and 140 and everything has worked flawlessly. Just ordered two more 170's and another 155. Neither of the 170's want to drop free from the CK gun when hitting the mag release and have to be pulled out or hit the mag release several times. Now I have tried them in other guns and had mixed results. Trubor with dawson drilled tapped button these two170 mags are sticky but with a little shake drop out. In an Edge with a STI drilled tapped mag release they all drop free as expected.

Anyone else seen this?

Try without the slide. I had issues with all my MBX. They got stuck in the frame and also rubbed the slide. Color them black with a marker and put them in to see where they rub. Color from the release hole and up. All around.

Edited by echotango

Well you guys pointed me in the right direction. I pulled the slide off the frame and the mags worked fine. Slide back on frame and locked back they stuck again. Turns out the mag follower is causing the issue. In the pic you can see how much wider the front of the follower is than my older mags. What's going on is the follower is hitting the slide lock but where the follower is so thin it ends up above the slide lock when the mag is fully inserted.

20160808_212332_resized.jpg

20160808_213118_resized.jpg

20160808_213127_resized.jpg