Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Factory .40 Loads

j2fast

To start, sorry if this is in the wrong section. I didn't know if reloading or here or someplace else fit my topic....

I was just wondering if anyone sells factory or reloaded ammo for .40 in minor PF ? I know the number one answer is probably start reloading but I don't have enough pennies and nickles set aside yet and Xmas (ah, visions of a Dillion 550 dancing in my head) is a long ways off... :)

I've been shooting mosting WWB 165 factory loads out of my XD 40 Tact for USPSA Production and wanted to give something in minor PF a try. Although it seems (based on the power of google) I may have to wait until my Dillion becomes reality.

Thanks is advance

Look up Miwall ammo on google. Their .40cal 165 grain stuff made right around 150pf last time I chrono'd it. That is for their new manufactured loads under their own brand. Their reloads are of similar pf....

i had a box or two of PMC factory loads that didnt make major

i think they were 165s or 180s....they were some of the cheapest 40 i have bought.

if you have to start buying that high dollar factory ammo, the dillon will be here before you know it!

talk to Flexmoney, he can get you the skinny on good minor 40 loads...i think its something like 3.5 grians of titegroup and a 180 JHP.

i have had good luck with clays and 135-155 grian minor loads...the gun isnt as sluggish as the 180s...and its cleaner than titegroup at minor PF.