Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DVC limited .40 slide weight?

Edge40

Not really but to be honest I would be surprised if they even know. It's like pulling teeth to find out what weight springs they use in their blasters when hey leave the factory. Kinda hoping a member will drop theirs on a scale.

I guess I didn't think that through well enough. Im interested in a CK thunder limited in 40. I don't know anybody that has one but I know a bunch of DVC's at my local club. Im trying to figure out the differences in slide weights. I found some info on the Thunder but now I realize that must have been a stripped slide because it came in at 10.6 oz if my memory serves me right. I know how the DVC shoots and I was just curious if the Thunder was comparable as far as slide weight. That link shows the DVC at 20 something. That will help tho now I can search around for the weight of a complete thunder slide. Thanks.

What weight ate you looking for?

Not sure thats why I'd like to know what the DVC weighs. Im trying to get a baseline of a few different slide weights that I have shot to know about where I want to be. Im seriously thinking about have a custom gun built and I really want to have a good idea of how much metal I want to take off. I don't care about looks nearly as much as function and feel. Ill settle on the slide cuts to get a weight that I like.

Not sure thats why I'd like to know what the DVC weighs. Im trying to get a baseline of a few different slide weights that I have shot to know about where I want to be. Im seriously thinking about have a custom gun built and I really want to have a good idea of how much metal I want to take off. I don't care about looks nearly as much as function and feel. Ill settle on the slide cuts to get a weight that I like.

More than slide weight goes into it, springs and load make a big difference in the feel as well. I can tell you that a friend has two Cheelys an LDC and a sight tracker and both slides weight pretty close to the same as the DVC +- .1 oz

More than slide weight goes into it, springs and load make a big difference in the feel as well. I can tell you that a friend has two Cheelys an LDC and a sight tracker and both slides weight pretty close to the same as the DVC +- .1 oz

O I know but springs etc can be tuned, slide weight is not as easily adjusted. I'm just trying to get every little bit of information and variable out of the way before I drop that coin on a custom piece. I'm of the buy once cry once mentality. I don't want to get it and not be happy and do it all over again.

How is this not what you are looking for?

It is 12.5oz dressed.

Because I didn't read far enough into the thread hahaha. I saw the original numbers on the complete slide and didn't keep reading to see the stripped slide numbers. Thanks for the follow up.

• 3 years later...

Necropost alert:

Anyone happen to know what a stripped STI Edge in .40 slide weighs from factory?  I'm looking to get one lightened, and want to get closer to 10.5 or so ounces, but curious as to what kind of diet it's looking at.  Thanks.